Trailer Blind?

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by Tailfeathers, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

My buddy's Dad had an old tent style camper trailer. He stripped it down to the frame and gave it to me. I have bought a bunch of 2x6's and 2x8's at Home depot ( purple, 70% discount. Was planning to turn it into a light utility trailer and use it for my BBSB and hauling decoys etc, but also have another idea. Was thinking of still planking it but also make plywood sides that pop into truck stake rectangular hardware, reed fence the plywood panels and grass it as well. It would make a big kick arse blind that we can move thru out the goose fields to where they are lately. Also keep it at the farm during the season is possible.
    Anyone ever make a blind on a trailer, any tips , advise etc?
    Thanks

2. Fowl-Action

Fowl-Action Senior Refuge Member

3. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Thanks for the link. Mine will have removable sides so it can easily be transported and also used as a flat utility trailer in the off season with the grassed sides in storage out of the elements. I have made light weight pvc frame roofs , spring loaded with long bungee cord, staked into the ground behind, on some ground blinds and scissor blinds ( old BBQ back yard roof frames. ) Used 3 Harbor Freight round ball bungees for the hinges.
    Worked great last few seasons. Spring loaded, the Pit Boss simply shoves the roof up with his shotgun and it flies up and over your back. Take-um.
    Thinking of also running the trailer in season with the grass sided panels facing the inside to keep them out of the wind blast . Decoys annd gear inside. Then simply switch them around in the field.