Treestands - which one?

Discussion in 'Bow Hunting Forum' started by Mr.Bones, Jul 16, 2008.

1. nra4evr56

nra4evr56 Elite Refuge Member

Itallushort,just retired my 25 year old loggy last year so I dont know about the durability yet.Like the way it climbs and it is so much quieter than my old loggy,gonna probly invest in the seat soon.

2. LittandJake

LittandJake Elite Refuge Member

I have had the grand slam shooting star for about 10 years and when I buy another one it will be a Summit. they are easy and quiet.

3. jadda

jadda Senior Refuge Member

It was a summit for me.. I'm not a small boy and I sleep in that sucker just fine:l

4. The Duck Whisperer

The Duck Whisperer Senior Refuge Member

Hunted a buckshot Bigshot (which is an earlier model of the equalizer magnum) for years and loved it until it was stolen. I then picked up an API grand slam, comfortable but heavy. Just ordered a Summit Viper day before yesterday and what I hear I'll love it. Just don't know if it will make the cut compared to my buckshot.

5. Mr.Bones

Mr.Bones New England Moderator Moderator

Any thoughts on the Gorilla Climbing stands? I'm pretty set on a Summit but saw one and was wondering -
    Bones

6. wingmastr23

wingmastr23 Elite Refuge Member

Kinda cheap...not the best quality...especially compared to the stands being discussed here.....IMO

7. RETRO

RETRO Elite Refuge Member

Well said..Besides they screwed the small local hunting shops a few years ago when they did a contract with Wal-mart and sold them to Wal-Mart cheap..Wal-Mart sold them cheaper than small local shops could buy them for.:mad: I believe you'll be plenty happy with a Summit..Get the backpacker series like the Bullet or Bowhunter..They fold flat and not as bulky as the Viper..

8. TungstonBB

TungstonBB New Member

Summit++++ I have probably missed many a large buck because I was passed out in my lazy-boy a.k.a. my summit goliath. "The most comfortable chair you will ever kill something 20 feet up a tree out of." I am going to send that in as the new slogan for summit.:D

9. LHbenellishootin

LHbenellishootin Senior Refuge Member

The summit stands are the only way to go i use my viper for both bow and gun season i tried a few other brands before i bought it and never found one as comfortable as the summit is

10. Unkljohn

Unkljohn Senior Refuge Member

The Lone Wolf Sit n Climb is the best stand I've ever hunted from! Light weight, easy to set up, quiet while climbing and hunting, rock solid on the tree.:tu