Tri Star O/U??

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Lake O Hunter, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Guns are like women, everyone sees something different.
    I have 3 Baikal's. The first was a 12ga, and now I have 2 20's. The 12 and one of the 20's are spray camo painted, the other 20 is clean. They happen to fit me well, so I shoot them well. None of them cost me more than $500. None of them have failed to function, not even once.

So, you are not alone.

2. Seahawk18

Seahawk18 Senior Refuge Member

I just used a piece of neoprene taped to the back of the trigger guard. It was unsightly but did the job. Real high tech
    I have a couple of Benellis that spend most of their lives in the safe. I shoot the Tristar and Stoeger autos because they work all the time. I guess the gun snobs wouldn't approve.

3. Lake O Hunter

Lake O Hunter Elite Refuge Member

10 4 on neoprene....my primary gun is a browning gold that I but used in 2005; it goes bangs and fair percentage of the time something on the other falls or breaks, so no complaints. Been looking at Breda or Tristar autos also....those are different categories by price but interested in both. Anyway thanks again for info

4. Kevin Burroughs

Kevin Burroughs Elite Refuge Member

Well before you get 1500 rounds thru it it will start doubling on you. One time it shoots once next time maybe 2, next time maybe 1 but maybe 2.

In my humble opinion, save your money and get a good over and under.

Tuleman likes this.
  5. GooseChaser1

GooseChaser1 Senior Refuge Member

I just picked up a CZ Swamp O/U, sweet gun for the price. If you get the chance check one out.

Dennis S. (Quack)
    Rio Rancho, NM

6. Seahawk18

Seahawk18 Senior Refuge Member

The CZ Swamp is a nice looking piece. Have handled the other CZs, they feel great. But I feel still not expensive enough to please most around here. My Tristar has had over 1000 rounds thru it with 3 different users over the last 5 years. No issues at all. I guess I only have about 500 rounds left in it til it becomes a boat anchor. I have 2 Citoris, they don't go in the duck blind.

7. oldman1949

oldman1949 Elite Refuge Member

Trust me when I say that I am not a guy snob , shoot what you like and can afford .
    "My Tristar has had over 1000 rounds thru it with 3 different users over the last 5 years. No issues at all."
    Is anyone supposed to be impressed with that statement ? My go to gun gets that many rounds thru it in 5 weeks . Had to have a spring replaced at about the 50,000 round mark so it will break down like any of them will .
    Can you tell us why your Browning O/U's do not go to the duck blind ?

8. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

I can. I don't like to shoot a beat up gun at clays events. That is what my Citori (and SKB) are for.

9. oldman1949

oldman1949 Elite Refuge Member

I understand liking a nice looking gun . Most shooters do . But at the same time it's kind of like having a wife/girl friend that too pretty to sleep with isn't it ?

10. Native NV Ducker

Umm, I don't beat up my wife. Sooooooo, not, not the same.

It is more like sleeping with two women at once. Sure, one is ugly, but still fun, as long as my friends don't see her.