Tricks of the trade

Discussion in 'Bow Hunting Forum' started by SWAMPIMP, Apr 23, 2004.

1. SWAMPIMP

SWAMPIMP Elite Refuge Member

I was wondering, what are some of the thing's ya'll do that makes your bow hunting life easier?

Two things that I do that I wish I had started doing a long time ago.:tu

1. I take a small digital clock with the adhesive backing and attach it to the riser of my bow just above the hand grip. you can get them at wal-mart. it hold in place really well and doesn't rattle or make noise when I shoot. It lets me know what time of day I'm seeing deer without any movement. All I have to do is glance at the clock. Just make mental notes to myself while I'm on stand as to what time the deer are doing what on given days under what conditions.

2. The other thing I've done is take a 6" piece of sewing thread and taped it to the end of my stabalizer bar. I have a small black(down) feather that I took from a feather duster on the end of the thread. it will move in the slightest of breezes. This way I always know which way the wind is blowing no matter how insignificant it may seem:tu

What do ya'll do to give you a little edge while hunting

2. Ole Mossy

Ole Mossy Elite Refuge Member

One of the things I do is tie a small loop of rope around the bar that attaches the top of the quiver to the bottom of the quiver. Then when I get in my stand I take the quiver off and use that loop of string to hang it on a limb or small knot on the tree.

OM

3. Batman74

Batman74 Moderator Moderator

Those are super idea's, I'm going to try to incorperate tem this coming season. This is good stuff!!!

4. SWAMPIMP

SWAMPIMP Elite Refuge Member

I like the quiver loop idea

I usually hang mine on a screw in hook once I get in the tree but, even then it don't want to hang right.

Another one that a friend and sponsor on this site told me about.
    (ol Kwackwacker is good for something besides making duck calls )

He keeps about 25-30 feet of some small diameter nylon rope(parachute chord) with a large treble hook with the tips cut off just behind the barbs. Just in case he drops something from his stand. I know I sure could have used a rig like that last season when I dropped my release. Just keeps ya from having to make one too many trips up and down the tree.:

I'll have one made up before this year for sure to put in my backpack.

5. Batman74

Batman74 Moderator Moderator

Now I can't tell ya how many times I could have used one of those. That is a fantastic idea, I'm gonna make one tomorrow. :tu