Truck cap/topper suggestions

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by musher, Nov 8, 2017.

1. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

I have a Pace Edwards retractable cover. Its metal, rolls up, and is lockable. Cost runs in the neighborhood of $1500.

2. Boeinguy737

Boeinguy737 Senior Refuge Member

I have a Leer with windoors and sliders for dog ventilation. Single handle in the rear. Removeable front interior window with a slider. 10 years old and never a problem.

3. Dek

Dek Elite Refuge Member

Interesting thread. Bought a new shell yesterday. Went with a Snugtop, very common on the west coast. Almost bought an ARE as it was in stock and white, to match my truck. The Snugtop dealer gave me a deal I could not refuse. I've had a shell on my trucks for over 30 years. Never really thought I needed to access the shell from the side. As far as one of those butt ugly aluminum models, I'll go with a no on that:eek:

4. Rice Hunter

Rice Hunter Senior Refuge Member

This thread is useless without pictures.

5. Duck Wrangler

Duck Wrangler Senior Refuge Member

I put a Leer on my truck before going on a hunt in Canada back in 2008. I have loved it ever since.
    I did not get the windows that open from the side; wish I had known about them back then.
    It's nice to be able to keep things dry in the back and lock them up when on a hunt.

6. thatguy2

thatguy2 Senior Refuge Member

IMG_2955.JPG Waiting on my new ATC to arrive. The ordered the wrong size first and the rushed replacement was supposed to be here Wednesday. Last two were ARE but had to change it up due to lack of a dealer. Windoors and upgraded lighting. Here is a one man method of storing it with my last truck.

Duck_Hunter_TX and Rice Hunter like this.
  7. Rice Hunter

Rice Hunter Senior Refuge Member

Good deal, do you have any other closer pics of that pulley system on the lift? Really like the looks of that.

8. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

I've had a LEER since 2003. No problems. Was painted the same as my truck at the Leer factory. As shiny and new as always. Wax it when I wax the truck. It's design and lines blend in with the truck's lines. I'd buy the next one in a heartbeat.

9. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

They all seem so over priced!!!
    I waited and watched Craigslist and bought a "used" Leer. the fellow owned it for 4 months. Paid $400.00

10. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

That looks like a Harken Hoister. You can google it. I bought mine off of amazon.com. Spendy, but works well.