Truck tires?

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by fallsflight, Mar 17, 2014.

1. metaluno67

metaluno67 Elite Refuge Member

Love my Cooper ST Max little more aggressive than a typical A/T tire but they clean well and with the winter we had handle any snow and ice. I would buy them again.
    Remember though more aggressive means they will wear quicker. They were $203 a tire including mount and balance.
    Guy at work has BFG rugged terrain and he's super happy with them, they were just not aggressive enough for where I go with my truck.

2. wingslocked

wingslocked Elite Refuge Member

I have the mastercraft on my jeep and escape. the were FANTASTIC in the snow and ice this winter in michigan. great tread and wear

3. Hoagie

Hoagie Senior Refuge Member

I put these on my work truck and my personal truck. Good tire but I got terrible mileage out of these tires. I got maybe 25 thousand out of these tires on my work truck and I have about 20 thousand on my personal truck and will need new ones this winter.

4. huntinjunkie

huntinjunkie Senior Refuge Member

Good looking tire! I like the balance between A/T and Mud.

5. justinduckman7

justinduckman7 Senior Refuge Member

I have the cooper st maxx on my f350 diesel and love them . Great tire all around for work play and pulling. I have got almost 30 k on mine and still have half tread or better. I had the stt on my f150 and they did very well minus the road noise.

6. Windrider

Windrider Elite Refuge Member

You might try the GoodYear Duratracs. Duratracs are the most aggressive tire I've found that retain the snowflake rating. Nice side biters and they clean far better in mud than any other AT tire I've tried.

These are very popular trail tires with the off road jeep crowd.

7. Gear Wh0re

Gear Wh0re New Member

BFG is supposed to coming out with A/T KO 2's from what I've read. Maybe the originals will drop in price? I'm a fan of the BFGs but if you've got a odd/uncommon tire size the KOs can be spendy.

8. huntinjunkie

huntinjunkie Senior Refuge Member

I'm looking at the Goodyear Authority AT's at WAlmart. Kind of like a DuraTrac but a whole lot cheaper!

9. smashdn

smashdn Elite Refuge Member

I have had very good luck with the Hercules Terra Trac AT2. They have a 50k mi warranty I think. I had them on my dodge and will be putting them on my jeep after I lift it.

10. Greenhedges

Greenhedges Elite Refuge Member

Yeah there horrible on how long they last and I certainly don't have the lead foot like I used too...If you get more than a year out of Nitto's your lucky....