Truck tires?

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by fallsflight, Mar 17, 2014.

1. duckblind

duckblind Senior Refuge Member

I have the same tire. Just a little over 60,000 on them and I am still running them this winter. Great tire

2. fowlwhacker

fowlwhacker Elite Refuge Member

Thought I would post up a review on a new tire I recently put on two of my suv's(Suburban and Excursion). I have run multiple sets of all terrain tires over the years and had mixed opinions on them from ride, noise and their performance in rain, snow and mud. For my suv's I typically have not been all that interested in the performance in mud that much as my wife hardly never takes her suburban off road but lately I have been riding my excursion more and more hunting and find with the weight of it the excursion tends to sink and wants to get stuck pretty easy and the average AT tire is not very aggressive and I started leaning to a more aggressive tread. I had been running Michelin AT's and Bridgestone Revo AT. I hade run BF goodrich AT's years ago once on my F350 4x4 and was mildly impressed but they tended to gum up in slick mud and have always run the BF mud terrains since but didn't want such an aggressive tread for my suv's but thought the BF AT's were the most agressive AT on the market until I saw the goodyear duratrac's recently.. After doing some reviews I decided on the goodyear duratrac tires for the suburban and excursion. This tire seems to be somewhere in between an agressive all terrain and a mud terrain. The ride has been pretty smooth and quite so far but the tires are new. the performance off road has been outstanding thus far almost to the point I have been mildly tearing up my yard a bit coming home from hunting and bringing in my travel trailer with my ATV. I had to go with load range E's on the excursion due to the weight we pull but also found that the load range E tires have more tread than the others so I also went with that for the suburban knowing the ride will be a bit stiffer but didn't inflate the suburban tires to 80 and left them at 40.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  3. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

Good Year Duratracs all the way. I only have 5000 miles on mine but they have been excellent this winter. Best tire I have ever owned. Leaps and bounds better then my last tires ( Cooper AT3 and Nitto Terra Grapplers).