Truck upgrade #5

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by California Flyway, Jul 15, 2017.

1. California Flyway

California Flyway Elite Refuge Member

Previously I posted upgrades on installing; Cree LED backup lights, hidden winch, and rear bumper step.
    I have 90,000 miles on my 2011 F150. The cloth interior was showing some honest wear so I decided to upgrade to leather. After checking out the available aftermarket leather options and reviews I chose a kit sold by Clazzio. You can choose you own leather and color combinations and thread color. They have some standard colors in stock. Custom combinations take 6 to 8 weeks from a producer in Japan. Mine was not in stock and arrived in 7 weeks. My truck did not come with factory seat heaters so I added those to my order.
    The Leather covers are very high quality in my opinion. The kit covers the seats, head rest, and console.
    The install was pretty straight forward. One tip to help is to let the covers sit in the Sun to warm up and stretch easier.
    The seat heater pads glue to the back and bottom of the seats. I wired mine into the factory fuse location for seat heaters from the Ford factory. The wiring includes a relay and 10 amp fuse. I installed the control switch on the plastic panel below the front of the seat in easy reach.
    I am very happy with how it turned out and can recommend this modification.
    The kit was $500 and was a birthday present from my wife.

[​IMG]
    Factory cloth showing wear.
    [​IMG]
    Seat covers from Clazzio.
    [​IMG]
    Seat heater kit.
    [​IMG]
    Finished install

ronaldo likes this.
  2. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Very nice.
    Have you done the back-up camera upgrade? I tow a fair amount, and I think this will save me some time. Just finished yesterday.

3. CA Hunter

CA Hunter Senior Refuge Member

No back seats?
    Interesting, they do not have covers for 4Runner. Wierd.

4. ronaldo

ronaldo Senior Refuge Member

That looks great!

5. thatguy2

thatguy2 Elite Refuge Member

Back up camera is great. Makes hooking up to trailers easy when you have the ball right under the hitch and all you do is lower it. I know guys with the air suspension that get it lined up then inflate and all they have to do is secure the hitch and put in the pin.

6. California Flyway

California Flyway Elite Refuge Member

The kit included back seats.

Concerning back up camera, I bought a large screen Garmin GPS unit that included a back up camera. I like my garmin better than most factory GPS. I have it setup to move to any vehicle I drive. Of course the backup camera stays in my truck mounted just above the license plate. Sure makes trailer hookup easy.

7. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

How many jacks have they ripped off? :nutz