Trump admin releases report ‘no convincing alternative explanation’ for climate change

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by chuam, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Ramblingman

Ramblingman Senior Refuge Member

Don't let hard science supported by a consensus of world's leading scientists get in the way of your blind faith. Ya'll continue to believe in Sasquatch and government conspiracies......

The fact that Pruitt is head of EPA is like putting Obama in charge of the NRA..... friggin unbelievable. Unfortunately the former is a reality.

2. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Ramblings...ramblings...
    rawhide!

3. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

Antarctica ice isn’t the issue. It’s the North Pole ice and overall northern locations that are warming at a much faster rate than anywhere else.

4. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Doesn't heat rise? :yes

5. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

There are some opening methane gas vents in the Arctic that have contributed to the ice melt.

The Russians in conjunction with the University of Alaska have done studies on it. Great big lakes of bubbling methane and melted ice are pocketing all over the Arctic.

The source may be several fold including Global Warming.

I'll post the Youtube video later.

Maybe...but only if it supports my position. Do any of y'all speak Siberian Russian?

IMOO

6. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

I was under the impression we heard a few years back that the ice at the northern cap was expanding, not retracting?

7. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

My perspective...

It would seem evident that there are climate changes occurring. And while it is likely that there is some degree of natural fluctuations in climate occurring, it would also seem, that humans could hold some responsibility of those changes.

But, there also seems to be a very "politically correct" attitude emanating in the scientific world, and any science investigating the prospect of natural change verses human change is disregarded more for political reasons than scientific.

So while I find the changing climate to be alarming, I also find the fact that social/political correctness inserting itself into scientific study to be equally alarming.

We are also seeing the scientific/medical world completely ignoring science and biology in the gender identity issues, in favor of political correctness... We are literally seeing psychological and medical science ignoring the biological differences between the genders in favor or political correctness and "social justice."

I truly want to know the scientific basis behind global warming, and what could, or more importantly, what should be done about it. But if we ignore a meaningful percentage of scientific evidence due to political motivations, I feel we as society and humanity will tragically fail...

If "social justice" and "political correctness" has successfully woven its way into the basic sciences of gender and weather... What is next?

8. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Don't think for one second that many scientists won't prostitute themselves to keep their academic chair or research grant money coming in from liberal leaning corporations or governments.

pintail2222 likes this.
  9. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

We were also told by Al Gore that it was going to be gone by 2013. So any ice we have now is a Lucky Strike bonus. :l

AGW people claim that if it has been published - then it is true!

Al Gore Forecasted “Ice-Free” Arctic by 2013; Ice Cover Expands 50%

https://www.thenewamerican.com/tech...-ice-free-arctic-by-2013-ice-cover-expands-50

Bear likes this.
  10. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

Living in FL - I blame the sun. The year I pass on MN deer season and it's in the single digits. Deer hunting in single digits sucks - I went deer hunting up in Saskatchewan years ago. You want to gut a deer just so you can warm up your hands...

Minneapolis-St. Paul ties record low Nov. 9 temperature
    http://www.fox9.com/weather/record-cold-msp-nov-9

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017