Trump makes million $$ donation to Texas

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by takemrarely, Sep 1, 2017.

1. 3inch3's

3inch3's Illinois Forum Moderator Moderator

I do depending on the context and the intent of the author. In this instance, the person has used these same tactics against me on my post so I am more prone to point out the new MO. Sorry you have a problem with that but once someone loses the ability to debate and resorts to this, open season in my book..... I assume you notice that I haven't called out some others that I disagree with when their hypocrisy show...

2. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Ah ha! An indignant one! Just for clarification (and to help others in their donation decisions)... which channel do ya see as funneling money to LGBT and Planned parenthood?

3. eel river

eel river Elite Refuge Member

Pretty much all of them. How will those orgs stop dollars from being used to provide services to LGBT folks? They don't ask about a persons lifestyle. How could they provide financial dollars and know how and where the money will be spent. It's indirect, but it's going there in a portion. Not indignant, just realistic.

4. eel river

Fair enough.

5. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Who cares if the donations go to LGBTQ groups? I didn't get the sense API did either. He just didn't want to hear their bitching they were not singled out for a donation.

Ducker 4 Ever likes this.
  6. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Nevertheless the upfront intent was to direct donated monies to the groups noted in the link...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...rvey-relief-is-going-to-12-organizations.html

It stretches the imagination that the identified beneficiaries would intentionally redirect the donated funds to promote LGBT or Planned parenthood activities.

Of course acts of caprice or other lack of fidelity to the original intent is possible, but for sure it's not something one would expect from otherwise civilized society.

7. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Saw the organizations in the link you provided. Some of them are like The Red Cross and other non-partisan groups. As they are large and national I wonder if Trump and Milania's donation can be earmarked for specific Harvey relief. If it can be do these organizations then subtract from the previously assigned financial assets?

As you mentioned in a post...along the lines...compassion is noble but not limitless.

Anyway...wow is all I can say for the storms and firestorms going on right now. These are not seasonal inconveniences. There's a report circulating but I haven't cerified it that Harvey dumped so much rain on Houston the weight of it all lowered the elevation to sea level two centimeters.

No telling how long Florida and the Northwest are going to take to recover.

8. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

WTH are you on these days? Your gibberish reaches new heights, the more you type. It's as if you're intent on perfecting 'dumbass', just because you're shown how senseless your last post is, you just gotta say 'you think that was bad? Hold my beer.'

9. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Sorry...collegiate discourse all considered...that hold my beer comment was damn funny.

10. eel river

Calm down Al. The liberals will still take care of you also, even if Trump doesn't. Oh, and I don't drink beer.