Trump on Kim Jong Un....

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Boomn4x4, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Boomn4x4

Boomn4x4 Elite Refuge Member

“He’s a tough guy. Hey, when you take over a country, tough country, tough people, and you take it over from your father, I don’t care who you are, what you are, how much of an advantage you have, if you could do that at 27 years old, I mean, that’s one in 10,000 that could do that,” Trump told Fox News’ Bret Baier. “So he’s a very smart guy, he’s a great negotiator, but I think we understand each other.”

We are at fisticuffs with Canada and good buddies with North Korea.... what a great time to be alive!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-heaps-praise-tough-guy-kim-jong-un-234723293.html

2. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

Say what? An American President standing up for an American Interests in an International meeting and standing up against a nuclear bomb threatening Dictator? How dare he! Who in the hell does he think he is?

Michael, JuvieCoot and Boomn4x4 like this.
  3. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

Poor Canadians.

4. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

Sounds like the art of deal making.

Hey, the guy is 34? and in charge of nuclear weapons. What would you say about him if your goal was to disarm him?

5. Rolen_Zen

Rolen_Zen Senior Refuge Member

When you want something from somebody, you don't go around and say bad things about them, no matter how you feel. I don't understand why people have such a hard time grasping Trump's negotiating methods.
    As far as Canada goes, Trudeau is being taught a hard lesson by Trump. He represents yet another country that has been taking advantage of the USA, and he's having a hard time figuring out the divorce papers. He'll get on board after he gets done gluing his eyebrows back on.

Banded1 likes this.
  6. hobbydog

hobbydog Elite Refuge Member

slimm21 likes this.
  7. hartfish

hartfish Elite Refuge Member

There would be no uproar. Most here on the PAF are forgiving souls who understand that since Obama may not have been properly educated in the protocols of foreign diplomacy, he should not be expected to know who to salute, who to bow to and who to shake hands with. It would have been brushed off as a minor faux pas unworthy of criticism, conjecture or ridicule. In fact, the faithful here likely would have congratulated Obama for even attempting to make a gentlemanly gesture of peace and friendship.

[​IMG]

chuam, Ducker 4 Ever, API and 2 others like this.
  8. fowlwhacker

fowlwhacker Elite Refuge Member

I think Canada and Mexico had made out much better than the US with the NAFTA deal. sure Canada is going to snibble and hope the US caves like we have done in the past. Glad trump is trying to negotiate a better deal. I could give a hoot as to who's feelings get hurt in regards to the overall interest of the US. Yes some of the tariff's hurt some and help others. the key is a good deal that is best for the overall interest of the US and not the minority.

9. The_Duck_Master

The_Duck_Master Elite Refuge Member

Oh, wow. Now I understand better. Trump has faced criticism for being handed a silver spoon and that his path to fame was easy. In that regard this quote was more about Trump than Kim. "Only 1 in 10,000 could do that?" :l

Narcissists are funny.

wispete, chuam and Ducker 4 Ever like this.
  10. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member