Turkey hunting 4x4 advise please

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunters Forum' started by seaduckhunt, Feb 8, 2017.

1. seaduckhunt

seaduckhunt Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

HI all,

Looking to the refuge wisdom pool for advice on a quiet 4x4 , such as badboy buggies etc, that I can use in my guide service to take out wounded vets (donated hunts) , handicap , and elderly hunters.
    I'm expanding to turkeys, they've been my passion after ducks, and after guiding for them for some time, I really would love to take out the aforementioned with more frequency.
    I have 4x4's but they are the standard loud type of vehicles.

Ideally, it would be powered by batteries and by gas, or just by batteries alone... I need quiet, and ability to go offered, nothing major, but muddy fields and in the woods... would rather not spend what a new car would cost, since I'm planning into donating these hunts.

Any advise would be appreciated...

2. Glades Ranger

Glades Ranger Elite Refuge Member

Well, God bless you for taking on this worthy endeavor! I also hunt turkeys down here and wish I could suggest a vehicle like that- I know I eye with envy the golf cart that is used by our school security...problem is at our WMA's there is no electric so a gas or hybrid cart would be needed. Hope somebody can chime in and offer some info!

seaduckhunt likes this.
  3. duck recruiter

duck recruiter Senior Refuge Member

I have been looking for the same type of vehicle. There are some great buggies made by bad boy, but they are more than I want to spend on something with such a specific use.

seaduckhunt likes this.
  4. Vahunter

Vahunter Senior Refuge Member

Man! Sounds like a project for an engineering student.... I don't think anything like that made. Golf carts wouldn't be able to handle rough terrain I don't think.

5. cracker4112

cracker4112 Refuge Member

I have a lifted EZ-GO PDS golf cart. It has the ability to swap out the controller chip to speed, moderate hill, or steep hill configurations, basically changing the torque for the cart and reducing top end speed. It is quiet and handles off road well. It is not 4x4 however and I don't have any mud to worry about on the place I hunt, don't think it would work very well if mud was an issue all the time...

seaduckhunt likes this.
  6. seaduckhunt

seaduckhunt Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

thank you Cracker !