Turkey season 2001

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunters Forum' started by KYDUCK23, Jan 9, 2001.

1. KYDUCK23

KYDUCK23 Guest

I don't know what my 2001 season has in store for me.My wife is pregnant and is due on April 18th our season opens the 15th I believe.Things are going to be kind of wild I think.If I am lucky she will have a big healthy baby on say the 10th and I will be ready to hunt come the 15th.So to those of you that already have children am I dreaming.
    KYDUCK

2. JN

JN Senior Refuge Member

well I was hoping my wife would have ours during our season so I could get all that time off work but she isn't due till late june.

3. David @ The Refuge

David @ The Refuge Founder Moderator

KYDUCK23:

One word of advice, be careful.. hehe [​IMG]

My son Dylan was born on September 24th. Two weeks later I wanted to go bowhunting for deer at our lease with my hunting friends. I was going to be gone two nights. She told me to go and have a good time.

Well, for about three years after that, anytime we got into a spiff, she always reminded me of how I left her with a two week old baby just to go deer hunting.

Keep in mind, they don't always say what they mean.. She told me to go hunting, but she really didn't want me to go. hehe. [​IMG]

One word of advice would be to have her Mom or Dad come over while you're gone. The company will do her good.

Good luck,

David

4. JN

JN Senior Refuge Member

David I hear ya. As far as parents go there are neighbors and my mom won't be far I'm sure of that. I don't have to worry though cause it won't be here till after all my favorite seasons are over.My friend had a baby in the middle of duck season, he thought he'd get alot of hunting in but got very little. Thanks for the advice.

5. KYDUCK23

KYDUCK23 Guest

Thanks for the advice I think I will be all right.My wifes parents are dying to be around the baby her brother and his wife had a little girl and then moved away to Colorado.So I should have no problem getting them to stay with her.
    Thanks
    KYDUCK

6. animalman

animalman Senior Refuge Member

Oh the parents staying won't help. You didn't time it right gotta have those kids in the early summer between seasons. Like they said a women giving birth is a weird thing and about the time season rolls around it will be time for the "baby blues" And if you think that "time of the month" was bad if she get the baby blues you aint see nothin yet [​IMG]

------------------
    Take a kid hunting start'em right