Turkey Tags?

Discussion in 'Florida Flyway Forum' started by Swampfoot, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Swampfoot

Swampfoot Senior Refuge Member

Hi All,

Just moved to FL recently and was looking to get out after turkeys before the season closes. Looking to go to a local WMA, bought license online.

Coming from the Midwest I am used to getting a couple print outs of tags and would have to attach it to bird after its taken.

I feel like I'm missing something here with tags and reporting birds after, or do you just have to go to the check station after getting one?

Thanks FL is pretty awesome so far?

2. duckmanJR

duckmanJR Senior Refuge Member

If it is a manned check station...you go there and check him out.
    If unmanned...there will be a little card to fill out and leave in a drop box.

3. cracker4112

cracker4112 Refuge Member

Florida is in the stone ages of game management. We have no tag and/or report system for deer or turkeys (or anything except gators really)

Hope you've figured it out and got to hunt by now, but if not...pay particular attention to the WMA booklet for the place you are going to try to hunt. They all have slightly different rules and regs. Many of the WMA are quota only and you will have to apply for next season. Of the open to anyone WMA's or "romp and stomps" you just need a license, turkey stamp, and WMA stamp. Some have check stations and some don't, just have to read the brochure carefully.