Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

Two battery system

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by Rubberhead, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Rangerbob

Rangerbob Senior Refuge Member

Rubberhead how could you question him? He is a guru.

2. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

No dog in this fight, but that is not my experience. I keep one in my truck. Charged it when I got it. 6 months later, first mowing of the summer at the Clubhouse, the battery in the mower was dead. (Super Cub, I think 22 hp engine) It rolled that engine over just fine for about 30 seconds until it caught.
    I didn't recharge it.
    Working the hut, a truck died in the pumps outside. He killed the battery. I got my pack out and turned his truck over for about 20 seconds before it caught and started.
    I don't know the brand, but it has lithium power.

3. Bubba

Bubba Senior Refuge Member

Question: I have a cranking battery and 2 TM batteries in series, can I also parallel the 2 TM batteries back to one side of the selector switch to charge them from the motor? And if so, can I put the switch in the "both" position to charge all 3 at once?

4. RTIC

RTIC Senior Refuge Member

Whats the old saying? "Its better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it?"

5. Rubberhead

Rubberhead Elite Refuge Member

It is possible to rig up something that would do just that but I don't know of a commerical product that would do it. The reason is simple, your big motor would take too long to add a useful amount of charge to trolling motor batteries. The two battery systems are there to charge a house battery that runs rather low current devices like lights, radios, maybe even a short duty cycle windlass, but nothing even close to the energy needed to run a trolling motor for any length of time.

6. Bubba

Bubba Senior Refuge Member

10-4, thanks!

7. calling4life

calling4life Elite Refuge Member

TRUCK PAC
    I have bought several of the $100 jumpers and they never worked when I needed them, never.

I was sick of it, and bought the $270 Truck Pac made for industrial/commercial use, liked the one review of a junkyard owner talking about jumping 40+ vehicles on one charge.

I've had it for years now, it doesn't have a radio, doesn't inflate your tires, doesn't sing you a lullaby, it starts your vehicle immediately, always. It's unreal, tractor, truck, whatever, it doesn't take even 5 seconds of cranking, you hook it on, go turn the key immediately, and your vehicle is running strong.

Honestly, just everything you could ask for, I charged it when I got it, it sat in my truck for 2-3 years, starting my truck and others vehicles several times, I then put it on a charger, was still charged very near full...

Just works, just handed it to a guy about a week ago to use on what I believe was an old 80's/90 super duty, same thing, vehicle started immediately.

Bob Johnson likes this.