Two tags

Discussion in 'Bow Hunting Forum' started by RiverRat77, Sep 15, 2013.

1. RiverRat77

RiverRat77 Senior Refuge Member

and a freezer full of meat. Shot a little deer because the family was with me on the opener and then a couple weeks later shot a spike elk on our general archery hunt. Here's the pics.

The little spike by two deer I shot
    [​IMG]

Did the stretch out your arms thing to add size to the rack.... yeah, that didn't help. LOL
    [​IMG]

My elk... actually pretty proud of this one. Its my first elk in nine years with a bow and I'm having the head done euro with the velvet on.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. weekend warrior

weekend warrior Elite Refuge Member

Jeeze you give em a chance or just shoot em off the tit? They're just babies!!
    Just kiddin man. Congrats, that's alot of good eating. I'm hopin for an elk next week.

3. RiverRat77

RiverRat77 Senior Refuge Member

:dv The deer I just shot because I had the girlfriend and the kids with me. He had to be last years deer or something because he let me walk right up to him and shoot him at 20 yards. Sure is tender.... must have been all the milk marinating in his belly. ;) They just thought it was cool to see it all go down.

The elk actually came from a spike only area... so it was him or a cow. Blew a stalk on a cow the day before I shot him. Was told by a guy who has seen a lot of elk that he actually is pretty decent for a spike. Good genetics and all that jazz. I was just happy I got one and happier still that the guy had a couple horses to help me get him out. :tu

4. dakndug

dakndug Moderator Moderator

Having the kids and wife along for the deer had to be really cool! But having the guy with the horses to help get the elk out is winner winner chicken dinner! :tu:tu

Doug

5. Layout101

Layout101 Elite Refuge Member

Looks like great eating!
    Our season opens this Saturday...I can't wait hear that thump!