tying spinner blades to main lin

Discussion in 'Fishing Forum' started by Dean Nelson, May 5, 2014.

1. Dean Nelson

Dean Nelson Moderator Goose Hunting/North Dakota Moderator

Trying to rig up a few walleye/trout rigs for trolling this summer. What I want to do is place 2 to 5 willow leaf blades on the main line for a foot or two ahead of the main lure. more or less a inline umbrella rig or kokanee troll if you will. Only problem is I have no idea how to mount the blades on the line so they don't slide back other then to do a number of splices between some three way swivels. Not thrilled about this technique because it adds a number of more knots in the line and this only raises the chance of something going wrong! thought about using the tie offs you use with slip bobbers but don't think they would hold up to long?

So if anyone knows a good way to mount them on the line without putting extra knots in the line I'm all ears.

2. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

why do you not want to use the pre-rigged outfits?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Maybe I am not understanding.

3. Dean Nelson

Dean Nelson Moderator Goose Hunting/North Dakota Moderator

No different then why most guys want pre-rigged spinners for trolling bottom bouncers....so they are ready and waiting when I need them. My goal when I started this was to make something that would push the bigger trout that last little bit over their limit! Didn't take long to realize though that this could be very effective trolled just in front of a crankbait for walleyes. Sort of the big fish eats the little fish and the bigger fish eats the big fish. Walleye or any bigger predatory fish will be attracted by the flash and the vibration but odds are they will go for the bigger pray....at least hopefully!

No one I know has ever done this before which in its self tells me I should give a go.....but no one I know knows how to rig it either.:z