U.S Court of appeals strikes down part of state mental health gun restriction.

Discussion in 'Hunters Rights Forum' started by Bear, Dec 19, 2014.

1. The Other David

The Other David Elite Refuge Member

That is pretty funny!

2. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Aren't they now asking about firearms in the home during visits to the doctor?

Don't know if that's crapper rumor or not. This gun control stuff drives me nuts. :cool:

3. The Other David

Some are, some are not.

4. lax

lax Elite Refuge Member

Imagine all the former smokers who quit by using Zyban (Wellbutrin an anti-depressant) that could be affected by this.

5. num70

num70 Elite Refuge Member

Sorry to hear of of your situation and glad it is passed.

You are a good person to ask though, how do you feel about people who are on antidepressants being able to purchase firearms?

I'm not starting a debate (i.e. "fight" in Refuge terms). I'm interested to know how you feel about it.

My feeling is that I do not want anyone on antidepressants being able to purchase firearms. I understand that's a whole lot of people (many family members of mine) but I don't believe people on these drugs should be able to purchase (and maybe even own) firearms. I believe that the evidence is overwhelming in that nearly every mass shooting has been committed by a person on some sort of antidepressant. Just like alcohol and guns, I believe that mind-altering drugs and guns do not mix. I also think that for as long as people who use these drugs are allowed to own/buy guns, it creates a back door to gun control.

I'm interested to hear other's opinions though. I'd bet there are more than a few guys here on something and I understand how they would feel differently.

6. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

I like the look on many nurses face when my family members respond you may be required to ask, but no answer is required! Have a granddaughter that my wife and I help out with doc visits. She is 2yrs old and got a huge laugh this last visit.

My wife said do you want to see my purple pistol? Nurse turned white! She did not have it along but had a picture of it on her phone!!!

7. The Other David

Most mass killings are conducted by people on anti-depressants, but most people on anti-depressants are not mass murderers.

Most mass murders are committed by men, but most men are not mass murderers.

Most mass murders are committed with guns, but most guns are not used in mass murders.

Do you see the pattern?

8. ReaPeR105

ReaPeR105 Elite Refuge Member

After reading the article, I see their point. MH issues aren't always for life. There should be a method to dispute that and show whether it's irrelevant old history or not.

9. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

Anyone think there might be a difference between 'committed to a mental institution' versus being on anti-depressants?

He was 'only' in the institution for a month...

I'd think that it might be worth re-evaluating his status before sending him the door with a couple 30 round mags and a black rifle...

10. 12VMAN

12VMAN Banned

sounds perfectly logical