U.S Court of appeals strikes down part of state mental health gun restriction.

Discussion in 'Hunters Rights Forum' started by Bear, Dec 19, 2014.

1. 12VMAN

12VMAN Banned

2. 12VMAN

12VMAN Banned

Who said that?

but maybe he doesn't need access for those 2 months while he gets his stuff together

again certain anti depressants and anti psychotics have been shown to increase the suicidal and homicidal thoughts in the younger population

that is the issue

In my life I have been personally called to take firearms out of three homes where the homeowners called me/my wife to take the gun out of their home because they felt they were a danger to themselves or others w/ the gun being around..and yes..they were just starting or on medication therapy when they started having these thoughts

Are you OK w/ these folks having access to a gun?

Really?

3. The Other David

The Other David Elite Refuge Member

Let us assume for argument's sake that you are correct.

So what?

What would have to happen for people who were taking prescribed drugs to have their guns seized?

It would take a complete gun registry linked to a complete medical and pharmecuetical database.

Are you ready for that?

4. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

I thought that was also part of the discussion and as I tried to mention on this damn keyboard phone I'm trying to link to I'll find other links. Did I mention I hate COMCAST? Every time it rains...out goes the Internet on the land cable. I need a drink.

5. 12VMAN

12VMAN Banned

don't worry......the medical community and the drug cos will NEVER let that happen...no matter how many die

6. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Many are committed by people that quit taking their meds. I researched this very heavily when the Santa Barbara shooting happened. I had friends losing their all together put togethers over screaming for more gun control etc...etc... Meanwhile, i'll have to let y'all talk among yourselves until I can access those documents and articles. The link I did post does mention that adolescents can return to their "issues" including suicide thoughts if they discontinue their meds. I can't post the paragraph until I get the regular Internet going.

7. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Yep...if I remember right from the research I did after the Santa Barbara shooting the psychotropic drug market is a 16.5 billion dollar a year business with a billion dollar plus ad campaign a year. I qualify that statement until I can get to the actual articles. It's amazing what I found including the number of mass murders in the world before and after these drugs came out. Again a qualifying statement but it was like the entire 60's decade amount was matched in the first eight months of the start of one year in 2000 something. And the 60's were red hot with the war and the agenda groups blowing up campuses. And until 1968 you could buy a gun including AR-15's and similar through the mail with the only question asked was..."What's your mailing address?"

8. Tuck31

Tuck31 Elite Refuge Member

There appears to be some confusion on here between psychotics and simple depression or similar mental issues.

The psychotics are the ones running around and shooting up the place. They are usually easily identifiable but no one (especially their own family members) wants to point it out.

The rest aren't a threat to anyone.

9. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

This guy in the original case wasn't a psychotic and still got restricted and for something that happened in the mid-eighties. Now...recent news media reports have shown me that news articles of both hyper-liberal and hyper-conservative occasionally leave out "minor:cool:" details like some other guy in a different situation may have held a school bus full of kids hostage but his "charges" were reduced to "He had a bad hair day."

Anyway...I'm crashing hard I'll pick this up back up later.

10. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

This stuff gets discussed by valid mental health providers and research universities with the same..."Is to...Is not." inconclusive conclusions we do around here. They are just a little more polite about it.:no I have seen two PhD's go at each other over an immunology question in the institute lounge like two testy driven school boys fighting over missy hot to trot.

Really...I need a couple of one oz shots of tequila About the only medication I have found to have a known and repeatable positive mood enhancing result.

I'm not entirely sure this guy is not arguing with himself.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...ntidepressants-and-youth-decade-the-black-box

Ibid. Many more trials of depression and antidepressants were performed and funded by pharmaceutical companies and many of these trials did not show that antidepressants were superior to placebo. The problem was that most of these negative trials weren?t published, while those that were positive were thrust into the spotlight. Overall, it seems that about 60% of depressed children and adolescents respond to antidepressants. This doesn?t sound too bad until you also learn that 50% of them respond to a sugar pill.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...on/in-depth/antidepressants/art-20047502?pg=2

Ibid.: What warning signs should you watch for when your child is taking antidepressants?

Sometimes the signs and symptoms of suicidal thoughts or self-harm are difficult to see, and your child may not directly tell you about such thoughts. Here are some signs that your child's condition may be worsening or that he or she may be at risk of self-harm:
    ?Talk of suicide or dying
    ?Attempts to commit suicide
    ?Self-injury
    ?Agitation or restlessness
    ?Panic attacks
    ?Increasing sadness
    ?Extreme increase in talking or activity
    ?Aggression, violence or hostility?New or worsening anxiety
    ?Social or academic problems at school
    ?Spending more time alone

Several studies and warnings have extended this to age 24...not just "teens"