Georgia Flyway Forum Sponsors

UGA & Mark Richt

Discussion in 'Georgia Flyway Forum' started by biggredd, Nov 1, 2005.

1. RB

RB Elite Refuge Member

I'm betting LSU is gonna be favored by 6 & a half.

Anybody know the line ???

2. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Senior Refuge Member

Arkansas gave the Tigers a run for the money. I hope it was also a wake up call. The Hogs are playing mostly freshmen and sophomores. They're going to be tough for the next few years.

If LSU plays like it can, they should win. However, if UGA implements Arkansas' game plan with UGA's experience and talent level, we'll see a repeat of last year's LSU/UGA game.

LSU is not a "good" team. "Good" teams don't have 100+ penalty yards and at least 3 turnovers a game. LSU is very talented (thanks to Saban's recruiting) and has gotten just enough luck when needed, but they are poorly disciplined and poorly coached.

I believe us LSU fans better enjoy this year and maybe next, while the program still has some of Saban's stamp on it. Once Les Miles has more influence on recruiting and running the program, it's going to slip.

3. cappiecoo

cappiecoo Senior Refuge Member

LSU is a 2.5 point favorite.....

and uh.. the tunrover and penatly rates are way off... early in the season that was the case.. but they have gotten both of those under control......

Miles' recruits are not too shabby :tu Several kids have done much better under Miles than they did under Saban..... #17, #8.....

the distractions brought on by Katrina and Rita affected the LSU players and staff much much more than people realized earlier in the year....

that campus was a ZOO from sept 1 through oct 10 with all of the rescue/recovery stuff.......

LSU 34 UGA 18 :grvn

4. Boudreaux

3 turnovers against Arkansas - 2 interceptions and a lost fumble. Don't know about penalty yards in that game, but they had over 100 against UF and that was a mid to late season game.

Wait for 3 - 4 years to see the TEAMS Miles is able to recruit. Getting a few top talents in the state is not something unusual for an LSU coach. Many players in the state go there just because it's the top-line college in the state. Hell, even Curly Hallman got a few good recruits.

Kids doing better under Miles, could it be because they're a year older and better? Maybe the assistants have had more time to work with them and develop their techniques? I'll bet neither Saban nor Miles works too much on that level.

Yes, LSU had some difficulties with the hurricans, which could explain the narrow escape at Arizona State, and can even be stretched to explain the collapse against Tennessee. But time to throw that crutch away.

I'll be happy to eat my words in 3 years if the program is still one of the top 2 in the West and has a shot at the SEC Championship each year when Miles is playing his recruits in his system. He barely had a winning record at OK State, and someone thought that was good enough for the SEC?

Line today appears to be LSU by 1.5, down from 2.5 earlier this week.

5. cappiecoo

the bottom line is against Auburn and bama...they did not turn the ball over and were nearly penalty free:no ..... bottom line part 2.. with the exception of the tennessee game despite the turnovers and penalties they still came away with WINS.

as for recruiting...... Les Miles is doing a pretty good job so far.. last years class was pretty dog-gone good considering the coaching change.... and the committs so far are mighty good....

I know from the players and coaches I have talked too they want the dogs pretty bad......

history is on LSU's side..... LSU leads the series.. has not lost an indoors game since the 87 sugar bowl.....

that fast track....... really lends itself to LSU....:dv

i'd be there but heck it's duck season.

6. Boudreaux

Well, I hope you're right. I'm sporting my LSU shirt at work today just to upset those in thier Georgia gear.

They don't seem to think it's funny when I tell them where I come from, the G has a little yellow thrown in with the black and red and stands for Grambling. And they really don't think it's funny when I reset their home page to GSU's home page.

But I still think Les Miles sucks.

7. cappiecoo

the "G- Men" had the use of that logo long before... the other teams that use it....they let the patent go.....:eek:

8. Bigswamp

Bigswamp Senior Refuge Member

Well you were close with the point spread. You just got the teams mixed up!:cool:

Good luck to LSU in their bowl game and I hope the QB is ok and is back for the bowl game.

Go Dawgs!:clap

9. cappiecoo

better prepared......:clap

actually... I am not fan of our starting qb...... he missed way too many reads and makes far too many bad decisions.... who cares if he can throw the ball 70 yards.... if you are depending on that you are in deep doo doo...

he still hadn't figured out that most of the guys at this level are faster than him......

I hope the dawgs don't take WVU.... lightly......