Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

Ugly Americans

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by Rudder, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Rudder

Rudder Senior Refuge Member

So can we still come up there and play this season even though our President is being a jerk?

2. no harm-no fowl

no harm-no fowl Senior Refuge Member

Maybe you ought to go up there and live Rudder. The president is doing what I and lots of others voted him in to do.

Lewx4, DTHUR, hyper23 and 3 others like this.
  3. rdj.olympia

rdj.olympia Senior Refuge Member

Agreed no harm-no fowl!

4. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

If he puts tariffs on wheat and beef, I wouldn't be banging on any farmer's doors to ask permission...

5. musher

musher Elite Refuge Member

No shortage of Canadian vehicles filling up at our gas
    stations so America must be good for something.

A lot of local economies welcome the revenue from hunting. This kind of talk is nothing more than snowflake tears or selfish people trying to discourage people from going so they can possibly head off some competition. If people are that shallow then so be it. I’ll still kill ducks.

DTHUR likes this.
  6. duck central

duck central Senior Refuge Member

You know it's a same that this so called president of the USA is still in office. It show's that a great many of the people are Uninformed about the things he's really doing. But that's why so many people only think about themselves. Thanks for your input BANG, you see how things really are. He's taking food off the table for not only the American people but people in many other countries..

7. California Flyway

California Flyway Elite Refuge Member

Trump is the best thing for Canada since acid rain.

8. Brottboss

Brottboss Elite Refuge Member

Another lefty waste of my bandwidth, move to Canada ya nanny, and while you're at it sign up for economics101, you just may learn something.

9. Rudder

Rudder Senior Refuge Member

Don't get me wrong. I voted for him too. But I wanted some feedback from Canadians. I know a few years ago with the ban on beef imports, we ran into several locals who were not to happy with us. I don't know that it actually cost us any hunting opportunities though.

10. 870

870 Senior Refuge Member

My Ford truck came from Kansas City,,, along with 3 tractors from Rancine and Fargo,,, and 3 combines and 2 swathers from Grand Island to name just a few pieces if iron sitting in my yard. When I stop and think about it now, our farm has over $2 million of iron of which 80% came from US plants. I'd venture to say that most western Canadian farmers have bought far more American than most Americans have!!!!

You see trade is a two way street, at least that is the way it is supposed to work.., but with Trump tariffs on steel, all that iron has become more expensive for both Canadian and US farmers.

And another hard cold truth is unless the farmer is charging for hunting (which happens to be illegal in Sask and Alberta), the presence of American hunters or lack thereof has absolutely no financial impact on any farmers bottomline. One oil well being drilled and brought into production in any county or RM has far more positive economic (and lasting) impact than American waterfowl hunters can bring to a local economy. Do you honestly think that local motels, restaurants and gas stations stay open and build their business plans based on a few dozen or so of American hunters who might pass through 3 - 4 weeks every fall?

At least that's what my Economics 101 course taught me early on my way to my honours degree in Economics!!!

PS,,, The real reason Americans are welcome up here,,,, is because farmers are a mostly friendly, welcoming kind of folk up here in Western Canada!!! And we do thank you for the few bucks you leave at local cafés, gas station and motels. Those business owners are our neighbours and their kids play hockey with farm kids too!!!!!

Lexuss, 3labman, Huntges11 and 4 others like this.