unbelief in God

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by skiebuster, Dec 7, 2011.

1. skiebuster

skiebuster Elite Refuge Member

Unbelief in Jesus Christ

stems from the lack of seeing him, feeling him and his work's shining through his people.

I totally understand why people are skeptic and don't believe...

I dont understand why they want to flaunt their unbelief onto them who do. :scratch

2. Geez n Quackers

Geez n Quackers Senior Refuge Member

I think that as the body of human knowledge has grown, we have become increasingly "too smart" to believe in God. Science cannot prove the existance of God, therefore, he must not exist. However, it is science that convinces me that my faith in God is correct! Because science cannot and will never be able to prove the origins of the universe. The best hypothesis we have today is the Big Bang theory some several billion years ago. Ok, so where did the grain of matter the size of a pinhead that exploded and started it all come from. Who put the contents of the universe in this tiny piece of matter? And before the big Bang - in the void - when did time start? Each of us stands here now at a point in time we call 2011. We can look ahead and to some degree, at least fathom eternity; that time and the cosmos will continue on without an end. But look back the other way at time in the past. Look back a trillion years before the Big Bang and know you haven't even come close to reaching the beginnings of time and the "void" because it has always been. Science cannot even begin to rationalize that there was no beginning of time! Attempting to apply science to prove where we came from is futile. To me, it is more intelligent to know that the creation simply knows less than the creator...Almighty God.

3. Sesso

Sesso Banned

4. Sesso

Sesso Banned

The big bang is not a hypothesis (still echoing), nor is evolution(fossil record). As a Christian casting doubt on proven science does nothing positive for your credibility for a God. Science can honestly admit it doesnt know how the big bang started or exactly how the universe works, but science will gather evidence until it has a credible answer. Claiming it must be of God is no answer, the religious has and continues to persecute the advances of modern science and medicine.

5. TLBullfrog

TLBullfrog Elite Refuge Member

I guess the big difference, Sesso, is the foundation on which science is based. You said that "science will gather evidence until it has a credible answer". But will the answer only be credible if it does not include creationism? How much of science is based upon trying to disprove the existance of a designer/creator (regardless of any particular religion)?

I really don't think most Christians are anti-"science". I do think, however, that there are many Christians that are revolted by the scientific culture's automatic preclusion that there is no God and, therefore, all speculations, hypotheses, and theories must reflect such.

How has the Big Bang theory been proven? How has evolution been proven through fossil records? Are there proof-positive examples for these?

6. Sesso

Sesso Banned

Go do some reading on the evolutionary fossil record and the big bang echo and then step back into the debate. Questioning proven scientific hypothesis that are well supported by over whelming data is no way to score points in a debate. Most churches have adjusted their beliefs to state that God used evolution in creation, it is apparent to some of us that in order for religion to survive it must accept scientific facts and implement them into their beliefs. You sound as if you still believe the sun revolves around the earth as the church claimed for over a millenia.

7. skiebuster

skiebuster Elite Refuge Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothesis

hmmmmm

and al gore claims his hypothesis is the worlds gonna burn up due to globull warming. :fp

8. Sesso

Sesso Banned

9. poorshot

poorshot Guest

"Big bang" theory is bunk, and who is to say who caused the "Big bang" anyway.

There is no Fossil record that shows life being created from non-life or any kind of Macro-evolution.

No science will not find anything, So called scientist/atheist will twist science and facts to try and prove their theories like global warming, and they will steal our tax money to do it.

10. BadBean

BadBean Elite Refuge Member

I would proffer that many Atheists purposefully come into a group of Christians trying to debunk and argue with them over the origins of life and existence of God are probably in most cases either a manifestation of a need for attention they are not receiving from another venue in their life or they are wrestling with a deep rooted distrust of their own beliefs and therefore must become polemic towards other's beliefs in order to compensate for the agonizing latent lack of confidence gnawing at their weak spiritual frameworks.

In any case or cause these people really could benefit from our prayers.