unbelief in God

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by skiebuster, Dec 7, 2011.

1. poorshot

poorshot Guest

I do enjoy starting my day with a good laugh thanks,:sp

2. skiebuster

skiebuster Elite Refuge Member

Well, I did ask and he was there...many times and hasn't left me...

did you really ask to be shown? or did you just open a bible, ask God to show himself and he didn't?

3. Over The Decoys

Over The Decoys Elite Refuge Member

That's true... Thanks for clearing that one up... Carry on...

Cheers,

Adam

4. Rjm6254

Rjm6254 Elite Refuge Member

Think about this
    If you committed a heinious crime against your fellows and were convicted in a court and were guilty as can be having committed the crime would you implement the penalty for that crime on innocent children of the perpetrator of the crime?

No you would not and heres why ,
    We are all responsible for our own actions our children are not to blame for the crimes of their fathers .No where is it justified or moral to persecute the innocent offspring of a criminal or law breaker ever .

Without original sin being implemented on the sons and daughters of adam and eve for their law breaking there is no need for the Christ as his sacrifice to pay for the crime of Adam and eve is not necessary .

In other words if the sins of the fathers and punishing the innocent children of the original sinner is immoral today it was immoral in the Garden of eden because Gods law dosnt change according to scripture.

If you have no guilt past the original lawbreaker the children bear no fault of there own so the need for a sacrifice is not necessary thus Jesus is not necessary to pay any price because there is no crime .
    If God is just there can be no original sin transfer.

Try this experiment Leave a box of chocolates on the table and tell your kids dont eat the chocolates or they will die .
    Now leave the house and leave one of them in charge . How long before you end up with an empty box and chocolate covered faces all over the kids?
    Now you going kill your kids?

5. tubshooter

tubshooter Elite Refuge Member

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
    Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing?
    Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing?
    Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God?

Epicurius

6. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

Haven't followed this thread, don't intend to. But the above quote is interesting.

Can free will and lack of evil simultaneously exist?

Okie Drake

Maybe Epicurius pontificated on such....

Surely no dimness of human sight would preclude him from explaining the nature of man....

7. poorshot

poorshot Guest

This is how GOD described himself to Moses when he let him see his back side.

And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,

Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.

We may not like being punished for our fathers sins but it certainly is possible, he doesn't have to answer to anyone.

And Jesus once said:

Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin

8. poorshot

poorshot Guest

The potter can from one lump of clay make a holy artifact and a pot to **** in if he wants who are the pots to complain.

9. poorshot

poorshot Guest

Many Christians think the Jews should still be punished for the sins of some Jewish leaders 2000 years ago.

Atheist always look down on Christians (if that's what they were) for burning so called "witches" hundreds of years previous like it was our fault.

Most of society looks down on the child of a drug addict or murderer.

But for the most part I believe God will take care of those who love him and try to follow his way's "only with his grace" no matter who his parents were.

10. poorshot

poorshot Guest

Do what ever you wish, you atheist/deist or whatever you are, always think that every Christian wants to save your soul, I personally have no cares about your soul, do whatever you want i wont stop you or criticize you. God knows every knee will bend to him one day he is very patient.