Under Armour Scent Control

Discussion in 'Bow Hunting Forum' started by 8UP4 FOWL, Nov 23, 2013.

1. 8UP4 FOWL

8UP4 FOWL Senior Refuge Member

Do any of you guys use this stuff and do you think it helps much with scent control? I have a bunch of UA stuff that I wear deer hunting. Stuff is not cheap, especially if you do both base layers and outer layers. Trying to decide if it is worth upgrading to the scent control stuff. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,

2. DMBgoosehunter13

DMBgoosehunter13 Elite Refuge Member

I just spray my clothes with Buck Bomb now. Bottom of my boots and whole body from head to toe. I have killed more deer and seen more deer closer consistently this year then ever before. Some say I was stuipd for doing this but my freezer doesn't reflect that :)

3. Joey P

Joey P Elite Refuge Member

No scent control system of any kind eliminates human odor.

Hunting the wind is about 1000% more important.

4. WoodieSC

WoodieSC North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

This. And, of course, it helps to take a shower using unscented soap and hair shampoo... or the 'Earth' body wash stuff, etc.

So... don't stink (or as little as possible)... hunt the wind... and, if desired, use either 'attractor scents' or 'cover scents'.

Yes, recent studies and lawsuits have indicated that all of that 'Scent Blocker', etc, etc, stuff is pretty much bogus. 'Buyer Beware' comes to mind.

Have fun!

5. chcltlabz

chcltlabz Elite Refuge Member

Umm, no, you should check your facts. They have been found liable for claiming to eliminate scent, when nothing completely eliminates scent.

Not the same thing as being "bogus".

6. WoodieSC

WoodieSC North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Bogus, smogus... no matter what, as usual, the marketing ploys were/are GREATLY over-stated.

7. jrp267

jrp267 Senior Refuge Member

I use scent elim and fox **** on my boots as cover when walking. Don't really know if it makes a difference.

8. STRAIGHT-GUT

STRAIGHT-GUT Senior Refuge Member

Sometimes deer wind me, sometimes they don't. Sometimes it doesn't bother them enough to keep me from killing them. I only bowhunt and don't use scent blocker clothing. The 144" 8 pointer I shot last week winded me and gave me a great shot at 22 yards. I play the wind for the most part but it's great to have luck on your side too.:tu

9. brentbullets

brentbullets Elite Refuge Member

I have a cousin who is a big game guide/outfitter in NW SD and he tells me that he can still smell the farts and BO of his customers in the cab of his pick up. They almost all are wearing some sort of scent blocker clothing and my cousin will not spend one dime on it.

10. Rebelyeller

Rebelyeller Elite Refuge Member

Waste of money.