Update on Christmas Weather

Discussion in 'Louisiana Flyway Forum' started by borntohunt, Dec 14, 2017.

1. borntohunt

borntohunt Senior Refuge Member

Everyone on here is an expert so you already know what models and solution mean. Right now all of the models agree that the freeze line will remain in south Arkansas a number of days around Christmas. Now we are 11 days out but irregardless of the chance of snow in Louisiana there is some cold arctic air coming out of Canada. The models show a Canadian high probably centered in Colorado/Oklahoma which will drive the cold air right down the Central and Mississippi flyways. As the old timers will tell you, when it freezes up solid from Arkansas to the north you will literally see ducks in the ditches along Louisiana roads. Ducks will keep a spot from freezing by ganging up or will find spots along a river that are not frozen for a few days. But after that its down to Louisiana until things melt in Ark and north. Get Ready Boys! It could be a happening. Stack um up like cord wood.

2. JHerr

JHerr Elite Refuge Member

I'm praying, and I've got lot's of catching up to do for the last few yrs.:pra:dv

3. borntohunt

borntohunt Senior Refuge Member

Maybe the Governor and President Trump could give the game wardens a few days off.

4. JHerr

JHerr Elite Refuge Member

They can't get all of us.

5. Hiram Evans

Hiram Evans Senior Refuge Member

I hope its real cold, so cold I don't have to worry about running into those pervert goose creeps. I had no idea things like that went on.