US sending 12 A-10's to Europe

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by WidgeonmanGH, Feb 18, 2015.

1. WidgeonmanGH

WidgeonmanGH Elite Refuge Member

Hmmm this could get interesting really fast.

Let's see, 6 A-10s flying a peaceful patrol over Ukraine get shot down by Russian SAMs what is our next step?

Is WWIII on your todo list this year?

2. GrimReaper

GrimReaper Senior Refuge Member

I kind of hope so

3. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

Do we have any other war planes in Europe? I don't recall a lot of them being shot down over the Ukraine - any reason the Warthogs will fare differently on their redeployment?

4. num70

num70 Elite Refuge Member

[​IMG]

5. WidgeonmanGH

Good point, nothing to see here, (Yawn, where did that bachelor thread go):roll eyes:

6. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

We had A-10s there before, no WWIII.

Are you intuiting that because the Ukraine has asked/begged for support in the area of anti-tank weaponry that we are going to suddenly start a conflagration?

The yoga pants thread was better. Esp. before the picture was taken down.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  7. WidgeonmanGH

I am paying attention.

and

We have fomented and created this situation as part of an ongoing strategy of proxy war against Russia. The coupe, and much of the war waging has been accomplished with the help of US intelligence. Russia has continued to be aggressive taking over crimea and virtually establishing East Ukraine. We are backing him into an economic corner as well as deliberately arming specifically against him.

You think a conflict is not in the cards?

8. Vahunter

Vahunter Senior Refuge Member

What coup are you talking about?

You can look at that two ways. Russia/Soviet Union has been nothing short of a bully to it's neighbors for the past 125 years or so. Japan, Austria-Hungary, the Baltic states, Finland, the Warsaw Pact countries, the Ukraine, Afghanistan.etc. (Thing is, they've usually gotten their head handed to them) I guess they haven't learned their lesson.

I appreciate the danger of more US weaponry there, but Putin is the cause of destabilization, not us, and his country has a the history of picking on it's neighbors.

9. WidgeonmanGH

Oh of course, not a coupe, but a "Revolution".

I am not suggesting that we are at fault for all the escalation, I am merely pointing out (what ever the causes) that we are headed for a conflict, and I think we will be lucky to avoid something very big and ugly.

And if that war over there sees US vs Russia directly, then all bets are off on how that ends up. The world will be a different place that is for sure.

10. KENNEDY63

KENNEDY63 Elite Refuge Member

As long as Obama is running the show my guess is that his response to Putin will be, for the most part, conference calls with Merkel, as well as "admonishments".