US sending 12 A-10's to Europe

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by WidgeonmanGH, Feb 18, 2015.

1. lugnut

lugnut Elite Refuge Member

But don`t discount the stern look obama will have while talking.

2. cafowler1000

cafowler1000 Elite Refuge Member

Check out the hottie running for Pres. In Poland. Her platform is that Poland needs stronger economic and military relations with the Ruskies. She is young, good looking and is the candidate for the liberal left, modern commie party. The more things change the more they stay the same. Search Magdalena Ogorek for the eye candy video's.

Seems like some of the Eastern Block countries are wishing they never left the bossom of mother Russia? Heard the other day Putin has amassed a personal wealth of $200 billion, not bad for a commie? He's still PO'd over Russian Georgia and our support for their breaking away. USAID comes in and sets up everything to run smoothly in a capitalist system.

3. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

I don't think war is what Putin is really aiming for.
    What he see's is reality and what's really going on in the world.
    For over 40 years we had the Cold War, we were the Righteous Fighters for Freedom/Democracy and the Communists were the Evil Empires.
    Reality is we never really fought communism just with the Soviets, the Chinese had a very big roll in Korea and Vietnam, they promoted communism, provided troops and supplied arms in both conflict's.
    The playing field with the Soviets was more of a cat and mouse game with the U.S., both sides were always ready to go to war but never really did, the Chinese on the other hand played the silent partners in two wars, they were responsible for more dead U.S.and U.N. Troops than the Soviets were.

Fast forward to today and look what's happened , Putin's not blind, the Chinese are still Communist's but we just about coddle them in the name of cheap labor and cheaply produced goods. Their economy is flourishing while Russia's is basically floundering.
    Not to hard to figure out, Putin wants his country to get a piece of the pie also,
    he's trying to build Russia into a strong nation again.
    The big difference in my mind is the Chinese basically use their people as Slave labor, think they make about the equivalent of $7-$11 a week, since the government runs everything and everybody's lives, they tell the people where to work, where to live, etc. etc., all with government subsidies while the government and the government appointed elite rake in the profits.
    The Russians haven't done that, I'm not sure what Putin is planning but I doubt he plans on enslaving his people like the Chinese have.

4. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Everything you say is pretty accurate. What is the one thing the Soviets had that Putin absolutely needs to grow Russia economically and we don't want him to have?

Warm water port access. Where is he going to get it...the old former Warsaw pact...now NATO countries. How's he going to get it...by buying the governments with petro-Euros and petro-extortion. When is he gonna do it...soon...especially because he can't risk the 2016 election if a dark horse candidate like Cruz or Perry start kicking down the walls of their stables.

5. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

I am very interested in her positions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-us6TePAhmo

6. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  7. WidgeonmanGH

WidgeonmanGH Elite Refuge Member

Putin wants to rebuild the Russian Empire. The US opposes this.

We want to see Russia small weak and irrelevant. So Putin is doing everything he can to rebuild their power and influence. Giving Iran tech support in building a nuke, selling arms and advanced missiles to anyone willing to buy it, supporting Syria etc.

They are de-dollarizing trading in US treasuries for gold (it sold 20% of its US treasuries holding just last month and now only holds 86 billion, any guesses what that number will be next month?). And they are creating alternative banking agreements and systems (Launched their own SWIFT system just this week) and direct exchange excluding the need for US dollars with countries like Brazil, India, China, etc. US elite corporations and banksters just don't have the ability to make them get in line.

Russia perceives (correctly) that Obama is all talk and other than "sanctions" has no male body parts. He might write Putin secret notes like the love letters between him and the iatola. There is no such thing as a power vacuum. Europe has been cutting military spending for years, relying on the US to do all the heavy lifting. We are only doing that lifting because we are creating money out of thin air and pumping it into the stock market and going massively in debt. Europe's economies are in deep do do, and Putin sees an opportunity.

I think Putin is also desperate. The population of Russia is aging and in severe decline. Curiously no one is trying to get in on his Southern border. If he is going to move this may be his only opportunity.

Desperate narcissitic dictators who want power will do anything to obtain it and keep it. And when there is such dramatic weakness in the West, is he really risking that much?

If it went hot (East vs West) is there any doubt he would be willing use a tactical nuke and what would the West do? Don't you think that the conversation would instantly turn to this is crazy and we would ask for peace? I don't like Putin but he is playing chess and Obama is playing checkers.

But hey, the left has their open borders and "free" healthcare, their herbs, and can marry their bromance. What could go wrong?

8. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

I lost this thread because it was moved and only found it just now by accident.

What you say is pretty much accurate. We're in an artificially buoyed up economy; living off of our national credit card...Europe has got social issues as well as economic and Putin can blame the U.S. for his shrinking economy. The Ukrainians and the separatists (aka Putin) seemed to have reached a pause yesterday and have agreed to pulling back their heavy weapons. However...Putin really hasn't accomplished anything that really benefits him. He didn't need Crimea except to prevent Europe from having an alternative natural gas source...but it's that need to control Europe's markets and economy that seems troubling.

The hardest thing in life to deal with to either accomplish something or prevent something are pathological control freaks. Reason does not work with them only brute and definitive force does.

Anyway...while this is stopped right now...I don't think it's going to stay stopped because as rich as being czar has made Putin...I don't think he can stop himself from going for Europe. I sincerely pray either I am wrong or he's finally satisfied.

9. WidgeonmanGH

WidgeonmanGH Elite Refuge Member

He is not the only one playing the game though. I think the question of "Why do we want war with Russia?" is also one that we have to ask. While in many regards Putin has been the aggressor, we are hardly "innocent" in either our provocative moves or in our actual damage to their country in order to advance our own interests.

All news is financial news, the rest is just theater for the masses. So the question becomes where are the benefits for the elite few that actually run the world with their money for a war. I think the answer lies in the clearing the table of all the debt.

It is mathematically impossible to pay it off at this point, especially when you start thinking about derivatives etc. A reset of some nature is required, a world war, while unpredictable might provide the cover for clearing all the ledgers and starting over. Of course there will be massive casualties and capital destruction, but the elites have theirs hidden away. You will notice that not to many of the upper tier wealthy actually got hurt much during the big world wars, and most will find a way to profit.

I would also suggest that the world after this next war will not have greater freedom but will end with more government control. In every area of our lives government is stepping in and controlling more. People thought that with the election of a more conservative house and senate that the slide might be stopped. Unsurprisingly, it is not. War is a wonderful excuse to grab even more power. Giving it back after the war, unlikely.

On Tuesday NATO was doing maneuvers 300 yards away from the Russian border with big armored vehicles in Ukraine. I am sure that was not seen as potentially provocative :rolleyes:

If this one goes hot it will be big and it will probably not be contained in Europe.

Ps. It is a pain when the threads get moved (with no notice). I wonder how advertisers with this site feel when a healthy thread (hundreds of views) is moved to invisible land replaced by nonsense that will have very little shelf life making their advertising money less effective?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015