Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

Useful light ideas on a duck boat

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by jangle, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Blake Johnson

Blake Johnson Refuge Member

That’s a great way to solve it. I don’t have a generator on board so i could use a 12v led and wire it with an end to plug end to use 8n my 12v power port near the rear.

2. HuntTilDusk

HuntTilDusk Refuge Member

Look into Fire and rescue lighting systems. We have one on our rig that is a 10' telescoping LED light bar. I am not sure how much they run but I am sure they could be made also.

Blake Johnson likes this.
  3. duck BILL

duck BILL New Member

I really like the idea of using a trolling motor quick release.

Is the Go-Light mounted up front or can it go anywhere? I would assume the light bar would be more than enough by itself.

Bill

4. Olefart

Olefart Senior Refuge Member

Rooster tail,and Ramp back up light.

Attached Files:

5. warrenwaterfowler

warrenwaterfowler Senior Refuge Member

Back up light for unlit/ rough launches at 3am 20180412_194000.jpg

Archangel410 likes this.
  6. Foxwood

Foxwood Senior Refuge Member

Try running a string of low power LED lights up under the gunwale down one or both sides. Get them in green, won't jack up your night vision, and you can find that shell you dropped or whatever in the floor. Can see your footing, all kinds of good things. Not much glare, just enough light to see by.

Fowler267 likes this.
  7. Glades Ranger

Glades Ranger Elite Refuge Member

Sorry can't post pics, but have a pair of 18W LED's mounted on the inside of my front side bow rails. Mounted them there so they would not be damaged by ramming or kicking. They are enough to light up my favorite trails and not scare away all else. Replaced running lights with LED's to reduce draw on battery. I have a pair of Sirius Cyclops LED rechargeable handhelds for final discovery and to ward off interlopers. As I have an open floor plan, thought about the "dance floor" rope lights but a small courtesy light suffices for early work. I still dance energetically when the opportunity arises.:D

8. dogditcher

dogditcher Senior Refuge Member

The Go-Light is also mounted to the trolling bracket with the light bar. Go-light is not needed but I had it so i added it to
    scan side to side when needed.
    In its day it was bright but it is no where near as bright as LED bar -Go lights wants a small fortune for a retrofit LED bulb .
    I found the bracket on Ebay from a guy who just needed the puck and was selling the release mount part so my trolling motor and light bar just get switched out in short time.

9. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Well, I went and did a little work on the boat. I added a custom built light box up front with a blinding LED light bar, and cutout the front for a battery. Nav light went on top. Mounted low seats for creek floats. Intend to start a rudder system soon for the creeks. Just pop the motor off, and pop the rudder on. Also gonna add an over head light much like awaldro7 pictured.

Light mount was made out of another cut in the boat for life jacket storage. One piece with angle edges.

D19D54F3-39B1-4DC3-BF7D-79B41BBEFB35.jpeg C9D78962-98FA-4ADC-8C6A-92A852316E5B.jpeg CF3485B0-5F29-4292-B912-1046C45F6CBC.jpeg

Rubberhead likes this.
  10. Brian

Brian Elite Refuge Member

Just a simple light bar on the front, there is a metal screen that can go on the front when running in timber Boat LED bar.jpg LED light on.jpg

Archangel410 likes this.