USPS to fix long waits...by removing clocks.

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by TarHeelWtrFwlr, Mar 7, 2007.

1. TarHeelWtrFwlr

TarHeelWtrFwlr Elite Refuge Member

And it continues to baffle me why so many people want to turn their healthcare over to the government.

:rolleyes:

2. Lowtide

Lowtide Elite Refuge Member

Do we have to remove our wrist watches before entering the post office? Are cell phones allowed? They have a clock.

3. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

Your govt. hard at work. UPS can get a package to Sri Lanka tomorrow and if I mail a letter to OKC I'm rolling the dice every time. Wow.

Very simple on the healthcare thing. They say they can't afford it and if govt. runs it they think they're not paying for it or getting a better deal. Wonderful concept, huh?:eek:

4. seastreet

seastreet Banned

When Queen Hillary gets her socialized health care system, I imagine she will do away with all calenders in doctor's offices so people won't know that it will take 6 months to get an MRI. What a buch of dopes these Democrats are.

5. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

Hildabeast was talking to some school kids and little Johnny asked why she was running for pres. when her healthcare plan failed? Why she was running when her husband disgraced the office, and started another question and the bell rang for recess.

After recess little Bobby asked the same questions but added:

Why did the recess bell ring 20 min. early and where's little Johnny?:l :l :l

6. Lowtide

Lowtide Elite Refuge Member

On the clinton's hit list of course.

7. Hew

Hew Elite Refuge Member

I love it when the USPS gets bashed on a website. Within a day or so a Newman or Cliff Clavin-type shows up to argue their case. It's like they have a hotline or something.

Since none are rising to the cause, I will take up their mantle on at least one issue...comparing the USPS to FedEx, UPS, etc. is like comparing apples to oranges. FEDEx doesn't have to provide service to Pigsknuckle, West Virginia or Lake Likasnatchie, Alaska; whereas the USPS does. Having to provide service to rural areas puts a dent in the USPS bottom line.

The USPS handles BILLIONS of pieces of mail every year (something like half the entire world's mail volume) and only mishandles a fraction of one percent of it. IMO, they're one of the few Fed. machines that functions relatively efficiently. I've done work in about a hundred or so postal facilities; from the small two-person stations on up to the GMF facilities that process mail at the airport, and the fact that a small envelope can get from your doorstep to your friend's doorstep across the country in a few days is a modern marvel.