Vaccines

Discussion in 'Gun Dog Forum' started by CutnGut, Sep 19, 2017.

1. CutnGut

CutnGut Refuge Member

hello,
    I have 9 month old lab.

She had her Rounds of DAP vaccines when she was younger along with rabies. She takes hearteorm and flea and tick every month

I haven't vaccinated for bordetella, or k9 influenza

I want to be fair to my pup and would like advice or experience. Do you vaccinate for lepto, Lyme, bordetella, or k9 influenza?

Thanks

2. P Frey

P Frey Senior Refuge Member

All of the above. Lymes disease in my area is crazy! I do not mess around with that (I myself have had it a few times and it is not fun). I work part time at a private gun club that has a kennel. Some dogs there are only there for boarding. You never know what they might bring in so I do bordetella and K9 influenza. Lepto I do for peace of mind.

3. CutnGut

CutnGut Refuge Member

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to go ahead and get these done and space them out over next couple months. Like you said for peace of mind. Thanks Frey

4. Dek

Dek Elite Refuge Member

Not advising one way or the other, but unless your dog is exposed to what these cover, I would be in no rush to over vaccinate my dog. Vets will never under vaccinate, you can be sure of that.

Doc E likes this.
  5. teul2

teul2 Senior Refuge Member

If your dog does anything, they can be exposed to any or all of these things. Any number of stray dogs could walk up to your house and spread lepto, bordetella, or k9 influenza. And ticks can be anywhere. And none of these diseases are a joke either.