VEGAS SHOOTING

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by J-Duck, Oct 2, 2017.

1. freefall

freefall Elite Refuge Member

Don't give this SOB his desired fame. Most active shooters like this are lonely, cowardly loosers that are seeking attention, good or bad. That's why they off themselves when confronted by men of action. They're psychological deficiencies crave this attention to give meaning to thier lives. Don't give it to him! Don't know his name, don't remember him and don't look into his passed. It serves as a legacy and inspires those like him.

Grieve those lost , commend the brave and prepare yourself and family in the event that you are ever in a similar situation. Express your love passionately every day. Tomorrow is never promised.

2. freefall

freefall Elite Refuge Member

The amount of smoke & DUST that fills an enclosed room when a single round is fired is far more than most people would expect. Multiple high velocity rounds from a rifle, especially with a flash hider / break would make visibility tough and set off a smoke alarm very quickly.

CADUCKWHACKER and callinfowl like this.
  3. Specktacular

Specktacular Senior Refuge Member

Oh, I think we all know who the real whiners are.

4. George

George Elite Refuge Member

No amount of pro-gun politicians we have in Washington (CA is lost) major gun law changes coming our way. Buckle up boys it's gonna be a rough one.

5. fishdog

fishdog Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

The left needs to be careful. Before tying this guy to anything. After all this was a country music event. The whacko was shooting republicans.
    Just sayin.

KID CREOLE likes this.
  6. dukdog

dukdog Elite Refuge Member

My face book post from that morning after.

Prayers for those affected by the Las Vegas shootings!

Kind of strange I was half asleep and contemplating the human condition of moving from the light into the darkness of evil! When I fully awoke Pat told me of the Las Vegas shootings.

We all have the vulnerability of slipping into the darkness and doing harm to others as people or as countries and organizations. Most of us will visit the cliff of rage and evil on occasion but not act on it. Some for a wide range of reasons will slip into the darkness!!
    Another sad day in this world but the sun will also shine again, although we may have to look harder to see and fill it.
    Take Care

craig wilson likes this.
  7. California Flyway

California Flyway Elite Refuge Member

The way this guy went about it would not be prevented by the gun control laws generally in effect or proposed.

• He had a squeaky clean record that passed federal background check
    • He bought the guns a few at a time over a period of time and at different locations. One of the gun store owners said he came across as just a regular guy.
    • Likely he slowly stockpiled legally purchased ammo
    I do not think you can really stop someone like this with firearms rules short of banning the purchase or owning firearms.
    Maybe banning high capacity magazines might have slowed him down.

The fact that this guy had such a clean record and never talked about anything out of the ordinary to friends, family, and folks he did business with is downright spooky.
    The ultimate lone wolf.

8. Specktacular

Specktacular Senior Refuge Member

But that won't stop the left from politicizing it to suit their agenda.

9. California Flyway

California Flyway Elite Refuge Member

I think the NRA will have its work cut out for it maintaining control of the right in office.
    Silencer bill likely to be thrown under the bus.
    One thing about constitutional liberties is that it is in times of crises they need to be most protected and maintained.

10. Kevin Burroughs

Kevin Burroughs Elite Refuge Member

Heavy gambler, was fairly rich, this could be as simple as revenge for losing money in his sick mind.

He could have rented a truck and hurt many more people with it. I am alarmed by all the planning and preparations this guy took. Huge amount of forethought.

Like I said, the back story will tell the tale. Trouble is,in this day and age, people want to know now.