Vice on Climate Change

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by CPLZ, Mar 20, 2015.

1. CPLZ

CPLZ Senior Refuge Member

But isn't that part of the problem today, that we dismiss things out of hand, before we heard what was said? And it didn't support my position, because I've never stated one. I shared that so the people wishing to hear well presented views of experts could avail themselves of the opportunity.

No one is all right or all wrong. Didn't side much with Barney Franks politics, but he is a really, really smart guy and usually enjoyed hearing his side. I'm also not afraid to admit that there were times he was very convincing.

Biden didn't get where he is without some political savvy, and his comments were on the political aspects and I thought them reasonable and well considered. But, you'd have to listen to hear that, to form that opinion.

2. CPLZ

That's a great point you bring up. This particular episode talks about the gargantuan differences between surface ice, most of which is on the sea, and glacial ice, most of which is on the land. Although as the surface area, as you rightly pointed out, is at all time highs, the sea borne ice is meters thick. The glacial ice, is Kilometers thick.

The experts go on to show that ground penetrating radar runs show that glacial ice is not only retreating on the edges, but more importantly, is losing thickness from above. The experts and scientists at the Antarctica research station maintain that measuring surface ice area gives a false impression of what is really happening.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  3. CPLZ

It's unfortunate that your world is so black and white that people aren't allowed to be open minded, and consider reasonable argument from both sides.

4. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

I'm so confused. Why have you quoted Native twice, when I don't see a single post from him in this thread?

5. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Something I have noticed over the last few days are missing posts. Not just mine, but others. Maybe others are deleting theirs, but I'm not. They are just disappearing?

6. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

:l:l :dv

I think the moderator self deleted his posts for a personal violation. 'FtT's.'

(No reason to modify cplz's posts, as he rightfully quoted them when there were there.)

As to your comment steve, the only post of yours that is missing back to 3/10 (at which date I got bored of looking) is the Poll by Boom, and he deleted that entire thread so he could start a new/better poll.

7. TheDuckSlayer

See, told you.

8. TheDuckSlayer

Heh, gotcha

Btw, is it normal for moderators to refer to themselves in the 3rd person?

Edit #2: If the moderator would please oblige, don't exile this thread to the PAC where I'll never look for it. Thanks!

9. TheDuckSlayer

Amen.

Dear Lord, all I want in 2016 is a conservative White House and for Reid, Pelosi, Boehner, and McConnell to be gone from Congress. :pra:pra:pra:pra

10. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

*Quote button isn't working,,,,,weird*

Heh, gotcha

Btw, is it normal for moderators to refer to themselves in the 3rd person?
    Nothing about moderators is normal. We are 'abby-normal'
    Edit #2: If the moderator would please oblige, don't exile this thread to the PAC where I'll never look for it. Thanks!

Oh, I think you might want to keep an eye the 'Current Events' forum.

BTW, if you ever 'lose' a thread you commented on, just use your 'User CP' button. No matter where the thread went (assuming it wasn't the 'Junk Forum', it will take you there.