Vice on Climate Change

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by CPLZ, Mar 20, 2015.

1. CPLZ

CPLZ Senior Refuge Member

Their credentials and experience qualify them to me, and I'm fairly certain they were referred to in this way.

And no, that was not a topic. I don't think its fair to attribute a single piece of literature, so broadly, to everyone in the climate change camp. That's the thing about science...it's always wrong...until it's right.

One thing that may surprise the climate change deniers, is that the common consensus among these scientists, is that reducing carbon emissions will do nothing to what's already in motion. Much of the point of this is that they are saying planning at this point is far more important than mitigation. One other point they made, was that the effects of these changes are not yet evident across North America and Europe, but that doesn't mean they aren't happening.

I was sincere when I said you should watch and then I'd be interested in hearing your opinion. It's a worthy presentation.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  2. lugnut

lugnut Elite Refuge Member

Follow the money!!

3. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

That's certainly fatalgore's approach. :l

Note: Tried to expand upon fatalgore's investments in wind and solar, but my antivirus went into alarm spasms when I tried to open the search results that came up. :eek:

4. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

I have no doubt that their is climate change - how many ice ages cycles has this planet gone thru? At least 4 or 5? There is your proof.

Now - can man do something to prevent the next cycle from occurring? Pay me $ and I'll let you know what my computer models spit out...

5. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

6. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Then, there is this.....
    http://news.heartland.org/newspaper-article/2015/03/20/why-i-am-climate-change-skeptic

[Editor’s Note: Patrick Moore, Ph.D., has been a leader in international environmentalism for more than 40 years. He cofounded Greenpeace and currently serves as chair of Allow Golden Rice. Moore received the 2014 Speaks Truth to Power Award at the Ninth International Conference on Climate Change, July 8, in Las Vegas. Watch his presentation about this piece at the video player to the left.]

I am skeptical humans are the main cause of climate change and that it will be catastrophic in the near future. There is no scientific proof of this hypothesis, yet we are told “the debate is over” and “the science is settled.”

Climate change has become a powerful political force for many reasons. First, it is universal; we are told everything on Earth is threatened. Second, it invokes the two most powerful human motivators: fear and guilt. We fear driving our car will kill our grandchildren, and we feel guilty for doing it.

Third, there is a powerful convergence of interests among key elites that support the climate “narrative.” Environmentalists spread fear and raise donations; politicians appear to be saving the Earth from doom; the media has a field day with sensation and conflict; science institutions raise billions in grants, create whole new departments, and stoke a feeding frenzy of scary scenarios; business wants to look green, and get huge public subsidies for projects that would otherwise be economic losers, such as wind farms and solar arrays. Fourth, the Left sees climate change as a perfect means to redistribute wealth from industrial countries to the developing world and the UN bureaucracy.

So we are told carbon dioxide is a “toxic” “pollutant” that must be curtailed, when in fact it is a colorless, odorless, tasteless, gas and the most important food for life on earth. Without carbon dioxide above 150 parts per million, all plants would die.

The IPCC’s followers have given us a vision of a world dying because of carbon-dioxide emissions. I say the Earth would be a lot deader with no carbon dioxide, and more of it will be a very positive factor in feeding the world. Let’s celebrate carbon dioxide.

7. sstrykker

sstrykker Banned

Whats the environmentalist equivalent of an uncle tom?

8. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

Which experts? NASA? They talk about the west ridge melting and act as if this is a new phenomena but data supports the fact that this portion likely melted away 600,000 years ago as well and refroze. So again as I have always asked what is the base line normal? Is what we seeing a normal progression or is it accelerated ? Simply put what is normal is being defined to fit an agenda because they chose an arbitrary point that supports an agenda.

Now if this melting continues as they suggest it may impact coastal areas but again just because people built there and live there does not mean that the events are out of norm or anything that we can change. I get the concern but I live in a flood plain. We went through decades of low moisture and flood frequency. The result was that people built in places that they should not have, cities expanded along those corridors etc... Now we are facing spending billions to protect homes, business and frankly a huge chunk of commerce for our state against these floods.

Now hindsight tells us we should not have allowed the building and expansion and prevented a lot of the activity that contributes. So I get why many want to try and do something. However I want science to set that table not the twisted BS we see today with the fear mongering.

9. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member