'Vintage' Henryettan Goose Decoys

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by Duckman0513, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Duckman0513

Duckman0513 New Member

IMG_4104.PNG IMG_4107.PNG hello everybody, I just picked up these goose decoys the other day and I was wondering if anybody could give me some background info on them? They were made by G&H and I believe they are fairly old but not sure how old. They are in good shape it seems for their age, if there is any age for that matter lol.

2. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

do a google search and you can find your answers. I am thinking 1970s vintage.

Billy Bob likes this.
  3. Duckman0513

Duckman0513 New Member

I have done quite a bit of research but just wanted second opinions, thank you!

4. Ringbill

Ringbill Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

Most definitely from the late 60s thru 70s.

Ringbill

5. ED Vanderbeck

ED Vanderbeck Senior Refuge Member

Got some just like it bought in about 77 if i remember right long time ago was still in high school first goose decoys i ever bought

6. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

I can't tell which generation those are by what's shown. My late '70s or early '80s G&H shells had the same snap in split-ball heads they went with for a long time after, but shell sockets they snapped into had black plastic reinforcement rings they later did away with. Wasn't aware there was an even earlier attachment arrangement until seeing a photo of it (just long enough ago to forget exactly how it worked).

7. Matt Barnard

Matt Barnard Elite Refuge Member

Some friends and I bought 10 dozen in 1975. We shot a TON of canadas with those back in the day. I still have 3-4 dozen.

bullpinnie and ED Vanderbeck like this.
  8. bullpinnie

bullpinnie Elite Refuge Member

They look like mid 80's decoys to me. I believe the heads are still from the same mold, but the material for the shells is thin, and fairly brittle. Most guys ran G & H shells because they looked decent set without stakes. I usually staked mine, anyway. On a cold dark morning, you could punch the stakes right through the backs of those decoys. I had accumulated hundreds of shells with holes in their back. Eventually, I ended up painting most of those as snows and blues, and got another 10 years out of the old rig. a few years ago I gave some young kids the whole rig. I was happy they hauled it off, but they thought they had hit the jackpot.

I still have 10 dozen of the 90's GH Shells, but haven't used them in years because Canadas don't migrate here like they used too. :cry

9. Green Duck Truck

Green Duck Truck Washington State Moderator Moderator

I posted this back in July. These have the old head connection.