Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

VIOLATIONS How many Violations did you witness this year?

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by mrmallerd, Jan 2, 2004.

1. mrmallerd

mrmallerd Elite Refuge Member

I for one have seen numerous minor violations. Two major. Shooting Pintails out of season, I can almost understand.
    However when I witnessed two shooters, kill three hens, it tested my fortitude. When I asked them how many hens they were going to shoot, they got a bit nervous?

2. Orange_airbrakes

Orange_airbrakes Elite Refuge Member

The one I saw the most and one of the most dangerous: No running lights! Come on people they aint that expensive! I don't want to run over you at 0:dark:30.:rolleyes:

3. fowl language

fowl language Senior Refuge Member

I hunted with Rail this year!
    He a walking violation!!!:l :l :l

4. deadbird

deadbird Senior Refuge Member

I didnt witness it, b/c i was to far away, but i was at Anderson this year when some idiots shot a swan. The warden was there in about 10 minutes, guess the guy admited it. Thought it was a snow goose:( also seen a ***hole warden give some kids a ticket for having a tiny, i mean size of a dime hole in one of there lifejackets. This guy is a real winner!

5. Il. MudDuk

Il. MudDuk Elite Refuge Member

1) shooting early. I can MAYBE understand a minute or two, but not up to ten.
    2) shooting Cans out of season
    3) shooting blackbirds. Unless you have a permit, you cannot shoot them especially on a DNR waterfowl management area where the only legal species are ducks, geese & coots. I realize its not going to end the world if you shoot one or two but if your bored & "NEED" to shoot something, shoot yourself, your house, your truck, I dont care....but dont just shoot the damn gun just to be shooting. Some of us are trying to get what birds are around into our decoys.
    4) no running lights
    5) shooting at Canadas' out of season. "I didnt know the season was closed". Why does the DNR put out the regulations book for?
    6) I think thats it other than the typical BS of shooting high, not letting anything work, calling just to be calling, quacking, honking, whatever.
    Ah, the joys of hunting public land.

6. grnhed

grnhed New Member

mostly the ones i witnessed were on the lake to early, seting up too close to another hunter and i did witness one dumba$$ without running lights, it appears he was trying to "sneak" in and got turned around, i almost ran him over

7. THEIRCOMMITED10

THEIRCOMMITED10 |Moderator Fishing|Call Sponsor| Sponsor Moderator

saw a group of people absolutly sky bust the sh!t outta geese outta season while i was in arkansas this year..somehow they droped some.:eek: :rolleyes: by the way this happened twice.

also saw people killing pintails while out of season...

people shooting at 620 when shooting hours are 640.

hunting with 2 resident hunting lisences in 2 differnt states :(

over all what i got outta this duck season the most is skybusting should be illegal.

and gamewardens arent always very bright.

8. Old School

Old School Senior Refuge Member

I got shot at, before shooting hour. Does that count? Apparently I was treading too close while walking down the "public" trail. Or was he too close to the trail???

9. feathhd

feathhd Elite Refuge Member

The number one thing as far as Violations I saw and heard on an every day basis was Late shooting. I am hear to tell you if I had a ticket book I could have wrote one out just about everyday of the season. Some shots where 15 to 20 minutes after shooting hours. I made plenty of CPO calls to.

Most of the late shooters I noticed on the NB side of the Mo. River just south of Sioux City Iowa. 1 or 2 minutes I can see but 15 to 20? Get a watch and know your shooting hours.

Now as far as Skybusting goes. I think DNR CPO's should have the authority to write $25.00 tickets for SKYBUSTING. Now many guys will say they can hitem at 50 tall and drop them stone dead. This may be so for a handful of guys but for the 99.5% not possible. When guy's are skybusting we are talking 60 plus tall. If we had this in effect it would force waterfowlers to put the birds over the decoys and force many to allow birds to work. I really think this effort would cut down on crippling and would cut down on decoy, call shy birds.
    I also think this effort would increase the number of birds guys harvest.

I chewed this feller out on Thanksgiving Day with his boy present in the truck with him mind you. Was hunting a flock of 200K snow geese, was set up to Arkie dem as was a few others who saw the plan. Let the geese feed to us then cutt"um. Then out of no place this feller stops gets out of his truck starts walking toward 200K PLUS GEESE in a chiseled corn field. About 12 other hunters couldn't believe what we where seeing with our own eyes. He opened up on them from over 80 plus yards. He managed to cripple 1 and sail it in the field. 1 goose out of 200K. I pulled up alongside the guy as he came out. I told him what the hell was that. His reply was I got one how many did you get! lol I was speechless LMAO

I told him none and it was because of asholes like you who ruin a good hunt for all waterfowlers and that all the other hunters who were waiting patiently to bust them also drew a big zero for one damn goose. I looked at the kid and said I hope you aint learning anything from that Dsob.
    He then replied I am shooting a 10ga. I have come to the conclusion that some waterfowlers are happy as a fly on **** to kill one bird if even it ruins a good shoot for others. Now not all cases are like this but for the most part it takes just one dang idiot to ruin everyone's hunting just so he can kill his 1 bird a year. He will be the one that burns up 2 boxes of shells and kill one bird. Guys like that Need a Eduemacation ash stop style. Before I could get out of the truck to further this education he drove off like a bad out of hell.

10. Orange_airbrakes

Orange_airbrakes Elite Refuge Member

Sorry FHD, you can't legislate common sense. Unfortunately Stupidity is legal.:(