Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

Visiting DC

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by Daisyduck, Dec 26, 2003.

1. Cascade Hunter

Cascade Hunter Elite Refuge Member

About 2 miles from Viola, OR (pop 23 people)
    Great first post there Baileyboy. I miss that area like a hole in the head. I feel so sorry for some of my friends who are stuck there for one reason or another. Yeah. I visit here to keep tabs on The Other David. Have fun crossing the bridges.:)

2. Baileyboy

Baileyboy Senior Refuge Member

Gotta start of with a "bang"!!! Just backin up a "Chesapeake Brother" even though Lefty doesn't get outta this region very often. Happy hunting Locked Up and hope to hear from you again sometime. (I also love the left coast!!) ;)

3. eagleeyejohn

eagleeyejohn Senior Refuge Member

What's not left in the museum is now sitting in storage on North Capitol and I streets. Right outside Union station is the US Post office Museum as well so after lunch check it out it's pretty cool as well.

4. chad

chad Elite Refuge Member

Baileyboy,

Backin up Lefty on this forum is definately gettin off to a poor start. I hear he's started a fund raiser in hopes of buying Neverland off of Micheal Jackson. It would make a great boyscout camp.

5. woodsie

woodsie Elite Refuge Member

Dont go to the National Zoo if you want to see the waterfowl Exhibit. It is just about non exsistant. WHen i was there this spring, i went especially to see the ducks. There was a mallard and a woodduck pair. Dont get me wrong, itused to be awesome. I asked the worker there what happened to all the ducks, and she said the president of the zoo said nobody wanted to see them so they got ride of them. I said, I want to see them.
    That was the best part of the zoo. Havnet been back since, and i live pretty close.
    W.:rolleyes:

6. Baileyboy

Baileyboy Senior Refuge Member

Trust me on this Chad, I don't go around defending Lefty. I know he means well, we just need to get him out more often. Plus our home town was being "busted" on. Always willing to defend the "underdog" and "Lefty the wonderdog", as in wondering what the hell happened to him???

7. Daisyduck

Daisyduck Elite Refuge Member

Ok zoo's out, strollers in! :) My exchange sister from germany is coming too and she wants to know if you all wear long underwear under your clothes! LOL I am guessing just jeans ,sweater and good jacket? So the smithsonian is so big you can't get through it in one day? Thanks for all the help guys!

8. Walnut

Walnut Elite Refuge Member

Remember, the Smithsonian is not a single building, it's a large complex of large buildings. I've been visiting it since 1981 and still haven't seen it all. They add stuff to it faster than I can get back to take it in.:l

9. S.Christopher

S.Christopher Elite Refuge Member

Yeah, yeah, yeah............................the museum's are good and all the tourism stuff is great and I love it all.....trust me. But, you have to get a good look at the Chesapeake Bay. I mean, nobody has anything like that!!!!!!!!!!!! And definitely not Oregon! As far as the goose mecca of anywhere.......PAH-LEASE!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone knows that the Eastern Shore of MD is THE MECCA! Or else all the old timer's of 45 yrs such as Locked Up wouldn't have shot it all to he!! for all that time! Now he's in OR doing the same with a 4 bird daily limit!

If you've ever rolled through Kent County in mid December or January..... or crossed the one and only Chesapeake Bay...you know what canada geese are! And you can see what kind of Mecca we once had!

10. BigLefty

BigLefty Elite Refuge Member

Daisy-

The Smithsonian is made up of several museums each with a different emphasis.

My personal recommendations are:

American History- see what has happened in the last 300 years.

Natural history- has all the different animals, cultures and has the Hope Diamond on display (worlds largest diamond)

Aerospace- has all the planes

each one of those museums takes a couple of hours to do but they are all next to each other.

enjoy,

lefty