Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

Visiting DC

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by Daisyduck, Dec 26, 2003.

1. ramsey

ramsey Elite Refuge Member

Head to the mall and you can take in as much as you can stand or possibly see in a day, see Lincoln at one end, the Capital and the other and natural science, art, etc, in between. You'll hardly beat a bicycle you can carry the little one on if the weather is nice. People watching on the mall is a interesting adventure in and of itself. My favorite restaurant in the DC area is Clyde's at Tyson's Corner, great menu and request reservations/seating in the waterfowl room. If you have time to get away from the metro area, go to the Ward Brothers Wildfowl Museum in Salisbury, MD.

2. eagleeyejohn

eagleeyejohn Senior Refuge Member

I'll sum it up for you so you don't have to go.

We landed a ship. Killed the indians. Brought over some slaves. Then made them free. Shot up the eastern shore so waterfowl was band. then it came back with 1 bird a day.

3. brdy

brdy Elite Refuge Member

Thanks for the info now I dont have to go into DC:nutz

And Daisy it was 65 here today so i dont think you'll be needing the long underwear. BTW is the exchange sister hot? single? same question applies to you too:l :l :nutz

4. brdy

brdy Elite Refuge Member

Didn't they move part of that out near dulles?

5. Daisyduck

Daisyduck Elite Refuge Member

LOL You guys got me laughing good!!

My echxange sisiter is very cute and single! ;) I on the other hand am married hence the one year old! LOL I will pass on the weather info to her she will be happy to hear it! LOL

I think history is something we are lacking here on the west coast, my goodness, if something is 100 years old we think it is super old and worthy of historical status! We live behind the moon here as my mom says.

ARE YOU SERIOUS about the one bird a day limit???????? That is horrible!! I have read some of the history,well in novel form -Mitchner.

That wildfowl museum sounds really interesting and would love to eat at Clydes! WOW insider info!!

I didn't know that the Smithsonian is that big anyone have a link to the webpage?

6. brdy

brdy Elite Refuge Member

Hook a fellow Fuger up:nutz :nutz

you should try harris crab house on kent narrows, awesome crab cakes and crab soup mmmmm

Also if you have time visit the decoy museum in Havre de Grace truly awesome place.

7. BigLefty

BigLefty Elite Refuge Member

BRDY-

as for the Aerospace museum the just opened the Langley Aerospace Annex near Fairfax. It is freakin HUGE! they have the space shuttle (one that didnt blow up) as well as some B1 bombers and the like. I tried going on saturday but the offramp was backed up half a mile in each direction.

It is free to get in but costs $12 to park!!! they say it is to keep people from making it a commuter lot.

lefty