Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Vote: F&G Increase; Ya or Nea or Undecided

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by IDduckshreader, Nov 13, 2008.

Vote: Are you "For" or "Against" or "Undecided" the F&G Fees Incre

Poll closed Nov 23, 2008.
  1. For the Increase

26 vote(s)
    47.3%
  2. Against the Increase

22 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Undecided

7 vote(s)
    12.7%
  1. swampswimmingshrek

swampswimmingshrek Elite Refuge Member

Yeah I'm sorry it was a low blow calling you Obama. :dv:dv

2. brycec

brycec Senior Refuge Member

Same as I would make at home:
    Granola bars/Oatmeal
    Sandwiches
    Duck (Coot :|) Jerky

I pack what I do because I can afford it. If I couldn't afford it I wouldn't pack it :).

Duck hunting doesn't have to be all about killing lots of ducks with kids. When I was young I didn't have anybody to take me, so I spent years only killing the occasional duck.

3. Jacob Hyer

Jacob Hyer Elite Refuge Member

so true... this has been the best season so far because of being able to hunt with my wife... I can't wait for my oldest to start hunting...not about numbers or barn burner hunts anyways... but somepeople can't see what true hunting is all about...:tu

4. ewwaterfowler

ewwaterfowler Refuge Member

If you knew my voting record, I am sure yours would look liberal next to it... At least that is the impression I get:eek:
    good luck on the duck killing this season.

5. swampswimmingshrek

Well I would say you could teach them to blow a call but then we would have to add that to the cost.

And you and fowlweather are so full of it.:yes Neither of you go out when the hunting sucks so if its just about going out why don't you guys go.:scratch

I agree we don't have to kill a pile of birds but Sitting there 4-6 hours to shoot one bird isn't going to encourage a kid to get up early the next time is it.:scratch

I still say BS on the hunting for $15. Especially a kid. Maybe once you have all of the gear, but not a new parent trying to get a kid into it.:no

6. swampswimmingshrek

Oh boy here we go with the misty eyes. I've heard your wife has a quick little trigger finger.......and we know who calls the shots.......Next your going to tell me its all about being alone together and treasuring the time you have with one another...........please save that for Oprah......if that was the case you would never take decoys or even shot guns.:dv Shoot if that is the case you should trade it all in Join the Lady at Lake Lowell and just watch the cute little birds harmonize together.

7. Jacob Hyer

that is not true... I went out Tue and last night when the power was out... and plan on going today in about a hour... not going to really hammer on them in the blue skys and 50's... but I want to get my new golden retriever out of the kennel:dv

8. swampswimmingshrek

Make sure and take a Kleenex with you so you can discipline it.
    :doh

9. Jacob Hyer

naw we have never hunted alone with each other yet... it is always 1 or 2 others with us... if you like you can ask Kacey who has shot more birds...? I have been sitting back and making video's... got to get mama up to speed with kill'n so that way she can work with the girls and I don't freak out in the blind that they have to go pee... I will have to agree with you that it cost a little more than the way Bryce is thinking to take a kid hunting and keeping their mind set in the hunt... but you don't have to have killer hunts to have a good time and you have to keep in my things such as temps, weather, and how long you put them thru it... I know some hunts I have been on that I felt like I never wanted to shoot a dumb duck again after... but I already had the drive... kind of like building drive in dogs... ask Kacey if she decided to start hunting because she wanted to kill she will tell you it was because she wanted to spend time with me... now she can't sleep at night before a hunt... funny how a few good times in the blind with friends and family can build desire, Drive and passion in a person...? sorry for the oprah rant... that reminds me I have to DVR today?s Show that I pay $45.00 for...:l

10. Jacob Hyer

:scratch