Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Vote: F&G Increase; Ya or Nea or Undecided

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by IDduckshreader, Nov 13, 2008.

Vote: Are you "For" or "Against" or "Undecided" the F&G Fees Incre

Poll closed Nov 23, 2008.
  1. For the Increase

26 vote(s)
    47.3%
  2. Against the Increase

22 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Undecided

7 vote(s)
    12.7%
  1. swampswimmingshrek

swampswimmingshrek Elite Refuge Member

sheesh rich ba$tard. :bow:bow

2. swampswimmingshrek

haha we had a golden this summer we trained. Fun dog. You beat shrek with a 2x4, tanner with a 1/2" stick and that golden with a kleenex.

3. Jacob Hyer

Jacob Hyer Elite Refuge Member

gotcha.. was a little lost... no yelling and screaming for me... this one comes with Cruise Control... Finished dog... just need to move my hands if I need to do that...lol... he cost a little more than cable...

Jake

P.S. thanks to chas and yourself for helping me pay for the little monster... just got off the airplane yesterday...

4. swampswimmingshrek

And I repeat. "Sheeesh rich ba$tard.":bow:bow:bow

5. brycec

brycec Senior Refuge Member

Reallistically how many new parents that don't have the stuff for hunting are going to try to take their kids out without somebody who does not have the stuff. The IDFG proposal would help in this case as the kids licence fees are proposed to go down.

I go out when the hunting sucks...I just don't stay that long :). But then again I am not taking a kid out, 95% of the time I am by myself.

6. IDduckshreader

IDduckshreader Refuge Member

I think you all have lost sight of what F&G really does, it is not really a Fish and Game management organization.

It is a people management organization.

Wild Game is just that, Wild, if it was really managed, it would be called Domestic Game, and we would be hunting behind high fences, like they were cattle. Those wild game would be feed like cattle, managed breeding, managed numbers.

Wild animals know how to manage themselves, and have been doing a good job of it since the beginning of time. People are the problem with wild animals not being able to manage themselves.

Consider if you would: the Bison of the Plains, In the early 17th Century, the Buffalo was so plentiful that their herds would streatch for miles in all directions. What happend to the Buffalo, MANKIND, came along and killed them all for no reason, mostly because they could, without F&G to stop them!, You see that?
    F&G was not need to manage the herd, becuase the herd was in good shape with number in the millions, but was needed to manage the people that wanted to kill every last one they saw. That is the role of F&G.

And as far as fishing goes, how many water in Idaho are completely wild.
    All the fish in SW Idaho are grown in a hatchery, and taken to local waters and planted, making them domestic fish. The only wild fish are steelhead and salmon that migrate to the ocean and back to Idaho.

Flying around in a helicopter or a plane, which costs in the hundreds of dollars an hour, in order to count the slipping numbers of game animals in area, where the wild animal habitat is being sold to build houses and subdivisions, is also causing the declining numbers of wild game, not just wolves, there are also other predators of the two legged kind, Realtor, Developers, Logging, Mining, Big Business, so on. Wetlands are being drained and filled in. The rivers are being used right up to the waters edge, the habitat that duck, pheasants and quail, fox, coyotes, raccoons, used is/or has gone away. Private ownership has taken the rest away.

The Wardens that sit at check stations are not managing game, if that is the case, then they are there to manage dead animals, NO! they are there to manage people, looking for violations so that they can write a ticket or place someone in custody. I don't think paying a guy $20.00 an hour to sit at a check station to check dead animals is that wise of a way to save money, that job could be done for $9.00 and hour. I would do it for $9.00 an hour.

You all are too hung up on the material items that F&G is using to there jobs. Yeah, I think that if F&G would quit trying to manage the animals, and just focused on managing the people, they would save a lot of money. Like I said the animals will take care of themselves much better that any efforts humans could ever manage to do.

I want to know what it is that they are doing to improve hunting in Idaho. Are they buying land, and building habitat, opening marshes, opened access road to BLM Lands, anything to make hunting better?

NO! It seems everytime I watch the News, all I see is; we are losing precious land every year to urban growth, to private ownership, and to out of state investment money, etc..... You know the old saying: Money talks; BS walks. It doesn't matter what the Average Joe wants, because he has NO money, he is not heard, but the fat cats, are well heard, and they are the ones that get what they want, and 100% of the time it is bad for Average Joe, because he loses more of him rights or privliges.

If F&G was to do some of these things, it would improve the economy of Idaho, by bringing dollars into the state through customers paying for things like licenses, tags and permits, lodging, guides services, fuel, food, sporting goods.

But when F&G (as well as other sellers) raises their prices it actually has a negative effect on the bottom line for everyone Idaho.

Because not everyone has been to College or has a Masters Degree, they are going to be working for what they can get.

Jobs like working at McDonalds, or bagging groceries at a Local Market, Security Guard, Janitor, Pizza Delivery, what about these jobs, these are the jobs of Average Joe, not the College Graduates, working at Micron, HP, of for the State of Idaho, which make a lot more money, and can afford to pay the extra price increase on everything that makes up your daily life, and hobbies.

Which means that the Average Joe right now is almost to the point of being priced out of living. Let alone having a "Hobby" like hunting. It just means that Average Joe is going to become a criminal poacher, hunting without a license, in an effort to help supplement his families food bill.

I personally don't want to be priced right out of what I consider my heritage, an hunting and fishing way of life, something that I live for on an yearly basis, For me it is a daily pursuit, not just from season to season.

BTW: I saw a News article that reported that not only in Idaho, but across the nation, the numbers of people that are participating in hunting and fishing (buying a license and tags) is actually dropping, the numbers are correct.

Gary

7. Saladshooter

Saladshooter Senior Refuge Member