Waco

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by stevena198301, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Pretty much. Most presidents did. Even all the way back to the pre-WW2 presidents.

Especially with extra-marital affairs.

I think most voters vote the economy. It's hard to worry about shennagins and stuff when you don't know if your truck is going to be snatched out of the driveway by the repoman.

Everything takes a back seat to an empty belly.

What was the economy doing at the time of those sieges? Anybody know?

Easier to ask than have to do a bunch of research. Asking here is ipso facto research considering the talent blessing we have on here.

2. hobbydog

hobbydog Elite Refuge Member

I am all for deescalation. That didn't happen here. They tried to do that when the Cliven Bundy gang took over the park. They did not bring in the APCs and tanks. However when a cop guns down an unarmed black man the mantra is always he should have did what the cops told him and nothing would have happened. Let the courts sort it out.

I haven't seen the documentary however I would research it beyond what was in the documentary as there are very few documentaries that are made that do not push a particular view point.

3. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I am. However, I don’t find your point of this vs a black man in one cop to be near similar.

4. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

Yep, not even on the same planet. If the cops showed up to arrest the whole neighborhood over a parking ticket, but then set it on fire with women and kids inside, while pouring automatic fire on the only exits, just because some residents defended their houses from swat that came in shooting..... we might be in the ball park. This ain’t a traffic stop gone bad.

OneShotBandit and stevena198301 like this.
  5. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

If nothing else, and I mean nothing else, “gross negligence” would be the understatement of the year on the handling of this. The proof of that is out there, no doubt. I have thought my entire life, that the Davidians were ‘whackos’. My grandparents were very big in the Church of God of Phrophecy, and Democratic (grandpa was a UMWA lifer). They thought they were whackos based off what was portrayed.

6. hobbydog

hobbydog Elite Refuge Member

Ok, leave the black man out of it. If they would have surrendered when they showed up with a warrant and let the courts sort it out it would have ended before law enforcement officers were killed. You know, that rule of law thing. After the initial raid failed and law enforcement officers were killed, what do you think should have happened next?

7. ALMODUX

For sure, they were waaay out there for most.....but I don’t recall them being any sort of menace to anyone.

Bear likes this.
  8. ALMODUX

So doubling down on both illegal and stupid was a sensible escalation of a fiasco, to you?....I mean, just because stupid left skid marks on them the first go-around, they should just add more stupid? C’mon. We have perfect hindsight on this one. Doesn’t take a genius to know that ‘anything else’ was a better decision, period.

cootmeurer likes this.
  9. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator Flyway Manager

FWIW, the Davidians were an off shoot from the Seventh-day Adventists.

10. JuvieCoot

JuvieCoot Elite Refuge Member

I have a carpenter working for me that’s a Seventh Day Adventists. I’d call him a whacko. Dude is in his mid 60s, vegan, lives in his van outside his fiancés place and doesn’t have a cent to his name because he gives it all to the church