Waco

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by stevena198301, Mar 7, 2018.

1. takemrarely

takemrarely Elite Refuge Member

I bet that hardly ever happens.

Bear likes this.
  2. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor Flyway Manager

Did they ever cover the part that several FBI agents, local law enforcement officers and civilians stated Koresh used to jog out on the public roadway in the morning and they could have picked him up anytime they wanted in stead of starting the confrontation they did???

3. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Now that you said that I remember the news at the time mentioned that.

What it appears now this many years after the fact is this was government authority meeting government agenda and incompetence.

Then a demonizing spin.

Fast and furious...anyone.

4. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor Flyway Manager

If memory serves me correctly the FBI agents who made that statement were put on leave then fired for some reason or another.

5. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Poor buzzards can't catch a break. :doh

6. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I know. Point was, to an outsider, my GPs church would come off as maybe a little odd.

7. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

Well this was a cluster from both ends and actions by both caused the deaths. There is no doubt that the FBI acted in a very ignorant if not criminal manner, but so did the wacko of Waco!

The feds had at that time a tendency of wanting high publicity arrests! One only had to go back to Gordon Kahl here in ND. He could have been arrested numerous times as well as his sons with no risk to the public. Instead they chose to try and do this at a gathering he sponsored. Results where a number of dead and wounded people.

That said it doesn't excuse the people they had targeted as being bad! The old adgage of two wrongs don't make a right nor that the losers of this encounter where saints!

Keep things in proper perspective in that the FBI had just cause to arrest and detain him, manner they went about it was stupid and incompetent. That is about all that there is to this. TV docu- fiction is just that!

8. Lowtide

Lowtide Elite Refuge Member

You underestimate the control the MSM has over many.

It was doing fairly well as I recall.

9. H20DAD

H20DAD Elite Refuge Member

You don’t see it, and I get that, but your statement kinda says you don’t believe in the constitution.

While the msm sure had me convinced as a high school senior that these people were wackos and kind of deserved it, even then I knew the government was so far in the wrong that the country was in trouble.

The government does not have the right to storm in to punish the many because of maybe one law breaker.

This was the offshoot of the war on drugs and the democrats were now going to shift it to gun violations of any small manner, real or perceived, and they did just that. They hid it behind white racism in the case of ruby ridge and religious fanaticism in the case of Waco. Even an army private could see this was war on the American people and while his reaction was equally stupid as the governments in the case of the Oklahoma City bombing. I think it sent enough of a message to the feds to tone it down. The democrats will never stop but they sure don’t want to give more Americans the excuse to make fertilizer bombs and start deploying them against the government again.

ALMODUX likes this.
  10. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

Well, I’m not so sure they haven’t just flipped the script. They’ve shifted their attitude to provocation, so they can justify their reactionary moves, when something happens. They learned they can’t go gestapo to start out. They have to create a demand for the gestapo. However, if the OGAs get purged, they’ll have little insider capability.....unlike the last admin. That’s 90% of the media/leftist wrangling these days with Trump and investigations, IMO. HUGE power struggle going on to keep their 5th estate in place, to empower their agenda down the road. They can’t have people who take the constitution seriously, running all the enabling agencies, if they’re gonna get anything they want done on the down low. The side effect? They’re doing EXACTLY what Putin wanted: attempting to weaken this admin from within. That’s what the strategic goal is,and the MSM/leftists are complicit.