Waco

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by stevena198301, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

No I get it. There was ample reason for a warrant to arrest Koresh, there was ample opportunity to do it in a less confrontational approach.

As I stated before wrong on both sides. Deaths go to both parties. You want to divvy up a percentage fine, but make no mistake the leader of the Waco compound was a pedophile period!

2. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Expound? I can see where he married young girls, but all were legal marriages, per the state. I'm not defending him diddling children. To him and his followers, it was laid out in the bible. So long as it was legal (and my research has lead me to believe he knew law fairly well, including having a Harvard law school grad in his ranks), you should be more mad at the states laws, not the man abiding by them, no matter what you think of the acts (again, I don't agree with it being legal to diddle children).

3. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator Flyway Manager

Weeeeell... that ought to stir up an argument that state law makers are perverts. :l

4. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Even with that I don't believe it's a Federal crime. Unless they could prove kidnapping of some sort. From what I understand even the town Sheriff liked the compound people.

Waco had/has a reputation of being "Whacko Waco". It and up the freeway to south Fort Worth is pretty much the overzealous religious sects corridor.

Back when we were kids running that highway route back home to Ft. Worth there were several national headquarters bldg. of "you name it" religious Christian denominations.

Don't know how it is now but back then and even more so back further a "cult" in that area could bbq and eat children if they prayed over the meal in Jesus' name. As long as Jesus was involved...It was..."Well OK then. Bless their hearts."

I now believe Janet Reno wanted a "show" arrest and trial of a gun toting religious sect to further her and Clinton's anti-gun agenda and it literally backfired when that armadillo tail she thought she was grabbing turned out to be a rattlesnake.

The economy was good so it wasn't a smoke screen to hide the economy. It was a foul up by someone in "power" wanting to push a fouled up agenda.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    OneShotBandit likes this.
  5. stevena198301

Member what day? Did you talk to Timothy McVeigh? Watching “Oklahoma City” on Netflix now. Didn’t know he visited Waco during that. The Neo-Nazis went off the deep end. Still feel bad for the folks at Waco. Everyone exploited them for something.

6. Duckfiend

Duckfiend Senior Refuge Member

What about the one in Philly when they dropped the bomb on a house, supposedly shot at the people/children when they tried to run out, and ended up burning down the whole city block? That one was a little disturbing as well.

7. stevena198301

When was that?

8. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

Guessing the move thing in the mid 80s? Not sure that was the feds, though....but I don’t recall much, other than they dropped some sort of explosives from helicopters or something. I’ll try to google it more to read up later. Then again, maybe that’s not it?

9. stevena198301

Google turned up few results for “the move thing 1980s”. Mostly results revolve around the movie “the thing”...

10. Duckfiend

Duckfiend Senior Refuge Member

yes it was in the 80's (move). City police can be nuts too.