Waders

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Easterncanadafowler, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Easterncanadafowler

Easterncanadafowler Senior Refuge Member

I have a 7 year old of Cabela's dry plus in max 4 size 14 regular that i need to replace and I have a credit at Cabela's for 90 bucks which i would like to use but not a deal breaker if i cannot.I have always liked the waders but I need new ones.The latest reviews on the replacement model are not that great and stock is limited and the CSR i spoke with told me they may not be getting them in anymore.I may still try and get a pair in my size because of the credit towards a new pair or see if they will let me use the credit for something else if i can get a better product elsewhere.

What do you guys suggest and use.I like cabela's due to the fact i can try them before i buy them and shipping things back and forth from where i live is not feesable.

Our temps range from 50 above to say 10 below but i don't get out much colder than that.

2. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

I would look at the SuperMag (neoprene) or the Banded Breathables.

My experience with the SuperMags gives is a plus. I have not owned the Banded, but people seem to like them and they are on the short list for my next pair.

3. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

I would buy an ATV with a snorkel.:doh

Vahunter and WHUP ! Hen like this.
  4. Spencer5100

Spencer5100 Elite Refuge Member

I have had great luck with Rogers waders and they have always paid for return shipping when I have needed a different size.

If you want the top of the line and are willing to pay, the new Sitka Delta Waders should be the absolute cream of the crop.

5. mmayes

mmayes Diver Forum Mod Moderator

Drake has revamped their Breathables and I would give them a look. They offer more than just regular and stout sizes as well as an updated boot.

Mayes

6. Easterncanadafowler

Thanks. after I put my post on here I called cabela's and they are sending me a gift card for 1/2 of what I paid for the waders 10 years ago.I think that was very fair and I will be buying stuff there anyway.I got looking around the net and came across the frog togs and though that was a real good idea they have with the removable liner.I just went to rogers because I have bought from tem in the past as well and lo and behold theres are made by frog togs.I am going to call rogers Monday to see when they expect more of them in and then look for them on sale.I can do early season with the old waders leaking a bit but I want new ones for later on.I saw a review on line of the rogers and I like them,

7. Easterncanadafowler

I checked them out and nothing in my size and I don't like the all sales are final stipulation on their web page.To me it is like they are not backing their product unless that was the stuff on sale but still they should back it..

8. ARHHH4

ARHHH4 Senior Refuge Member

I have owned a few pairs from cabela s over the years, from their ultimate hunting waders, to their super mags....and although I don't really have anything negative to say, my last pair were toughman elites from Rogers...I'm 6'5, 240, have plenty of room in them to tuck my coat inside if I need to....have never been cold one time...one pair of wickaway wool socks, coldgear leggings, and a pair of cabela s wader pants, and I'm God as gold. That 1600 grams in the boot is more than enough warmth for South central Illinois! And that inner fleece hand warmer that they have is the bees knees!!! It's like a cross between bison fur and some 1970's shag carpet from yer gramma's house. And, you can't beat Rogers customer service either

9. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

Cabelas suprmags are a gamble because of the boots cracking and splitting at seams. I bought some and returned them twice in 2 months. Ended up keeping the third pair even though they cracked too, fixed them with SG-20 and use them for back up. I then bought a pair of Rogers toughman, The boots cracked on them in less than a month. I gave up on new waders and refurbished my 15 year old pair of supermags with seam tape, aqua seal and SG-20. Still better than anything I have bought recently. They will probably still be going 5-10 years from now.

10. Easterncanadafowler

I have always stayed away from neopreme thinking they would be too warm in the early season.I fixed the crotch in my cabela's dry plus with aqua seal and then tried goop on the boot where they dry rotted.The aqua seal has held up for years now and the goop made a difference.I will check them out again and see if the boots could be repaired with aqua seal.