Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

War eagle 648

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by Chesapeakecody, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Chesapeakecody

Chesapeakecody Refuge Member

Doea anyone have one? If so would you change anything including brands?? Also post some pics of your rigs! Thanks!

2. hutch949

hutch949 Senior Refuge Member

How big of water do plan on hunting?

3. Chesapeakecody

Nothing crazy upper Chesapeake bay

4. hutch949

My friend had the 1648 and I had the 1754, the 16 footer was just too small for us.Even the 17 foot ended up being to small,we started hunting bigger water and I got the 1860.I just liked having more room than the 16 footer had.Each one of those boats had the side console.I would not get the 16 with a side console.

5. Chesapeakecody

That’s great info! I’d love to get the 1860 but unfortunately the 648 is what’s in budget. I’m looking at getting the tiller with a 40 Yamaha or merc

6. hutch949

If it will work within your budget, be sure to get the floor or I think they may call it the skin.I do remember the 16 did not have the skin out option and it was a bitch to walk on.(I might just be too clumsy)

freefall likes this.
  7. Chesapeakecody

Most definitely getting the floor and pod seeting. Probably won’t opt for the camo color just because I don’t think it is much better over a flat olive drab. Plus it’s a several hundred dollar upgrade

8. bird junkie

bird junkie Elite Refuge Member

I have no experience with that boat. But if your gunning the upper bay I would think a Vhull would be better suited for that water over a mod v

9. mallardhunter

mallardhunter Senior Refuge Member

Consider a Weldbilt. Less expensive than a War Eagle and uses standard seats, not the WE proprietary. Also uses fewer ribs, but the ribs are bigger. Reference the floor, when it's cold, that floor can freeze water you didn't know was there. Then in the water, that ice melts. Had a buddy with a floor in his; he learned the hard way to make sure to drain that after each hunt.

10. Fowler267

Fowler267 Elite Refuge Member

I have a 754 with a 40 on it with tiller and T/T. Been a great boat for 15 hard seasons. Had it out to the Chesapeake Tower to spearfish the spades, Fished the CBBT islands, been to 5-6 Florida trips, goes through flooded timber etc. Handles lakes and river quite well. I hunt 2-3 out of the boat and up to four if hunting off the bank. Get the floor and drain it each hunt just like your motor.

Mine was Factory camo.... I got tired of it and started my own pattern of browns and tans.