Was it terrorism????

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by API, Feb 6, 2014.

1. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Here's an item about an incident that happened last April that probably most have never heard of (could it have been conveniently ignored?). Can ya imagine the vulnerabilities? Ya wonder if Obama took the opportunity and prepared something that will assign the federal government responsibility to save us ...not to mention exploit the second order consequences.

Meanwhile... don't you be worried. :rolleyes:

2. yellowlab03

yellowlab03 Elite Refuge Member

It could have been. It more than likely was just some idiot with a gun shooting stuff to see what happens, but on the other hand it could have been a test run. There are documented cases where bad guys joined volunteer fire departments back east and also staged dry runs to find out response times and TTP's of local emergency services. Most people see terror attacks as mass bombings and large scale events.

YL03

3. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

4. API

From the link...

Ah so, the FBI says "don't you all be worried". Dang, I sure hope the venerable FBI isn't either asleep at the wheel or maybe trying to spare us some concerns.

5. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

But I don't believe that it more than likely was just some idiot with a gun shooting stuff to see what happens...

It appears to have been "very well planned and well executed by very highly trained individuals,".

6. API

Yep. Simple prudence would be to consider in total the situation and risks to begin with and set an assumption that it was NOT more than likely was just some idiot with a gun shooting stuff to see what happens...

Its nice to "hope for the best", but its wise to "avoid the worst".

7. WoodieSC

WoodieSC North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

No doubt in my mind that it was a 'terrorist dry run', so to speak.

I'm sorely disappointed in the FBI. They used to be the cream of the crop in law enforcement, but since their fiasco years ago with their ballistics lab fraud they've gone downhill and seem to want to stay there. It's really a shame.