Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Washing your "whites"?

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by Phil Hudson, Mar 10, 2017.

1. jpallen

jpallen Elite Refuge Member

I used sportwash on my Roger's snow covers and they are not white anymore. They have a yellowish color to them. After that I just wash everything without any detergent in cold water.

2. Redleggs

Redleggs Senior Refuge Member

Hot wash cold rinse in regular detergent and use oxyclean. Wash cycle x2. If really ground in dry mud use iron out. They will come out Snow White.

3. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

OK, I might be missing something here.

I get that we don't want to spend the day in muddy overalls, or muddy blinds, but why would anyone want a clean silhouette of a body or blind? Isn't some dark splotching an advantage?

I don't 'wash' my camo, I just run it through the rinse cycle to knock all the grime off it. I would think the same would apply to whites.

I agree, all the UV science is confusing. 'IF' I were to wash something, it would be via Sport Wash. But, I never have. I have a bunch of packets that come with the waterproofing spray I use. They are in a box somewhere.

(BTW- lil thread hijack, concerning washing clothes. I have been a big fan of the Atsko line, but always had to 'set' the waterproofing by drying in the dryer. They have a new line, which does not require drying to 'set' the waterproofing. Been using it for about 4 months now, all winter and this spring. Very pleased. Water just beads up on my jackets and gloves.
    https://smile.amazon.com/Atsko-Sno-...ent-1-Gallon/dp/B00CQJEFCM/ref=cm_rdp_product )