Wasn't Cam a class act?

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by OneShotBandit, Feb 8, 2016.

1. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

How is that any different than any other game? There are missed calls, no calls, unnecessary calls, ludicrous calls, etc in pretty much every single games. I hate them as much as the next guy, but as long as humans are calling it there will be errors. I guarantee there were mistakes going the other way as well, but Denver won so you don't remember or notice those. The refs didn't cause Carolina to lose, that's on them and Denver's defense.

stevena198301 and OneShotBandit like this.
  2. num70

num70 Elite Refuge Member

I didn't see a single game this year without at least one seriously blown call. Most games I saw had multiple errors. To say this year's officiating was sub-par would be an enormous understatement. Sadly, no reason to think it was going to be fixed just prior to the Superbowl.

3. smashdn

smashdn Elite Refuge Member

I cannot see an argument being made that the refs cost Carolina the game. I can see where they impacted it and perhaps the final score, but not who won.

4. Trout Bum

Trout Bum Senior Refuge Member

Not a single scribe does either. Even the Charlotte newspapaers aren't crying about the refs....Broncos kicked their butt. Coulda played another half and I don't think the Panthers would have found the endzone.

5. Trout Bum

I thought the discussion was about Cam and class or lack of. And s
    ince we’re talking about class which of these two leaders shows class when arriving for the game and who you could be proud to represent your team?

Peyton arriving for Superbowl 50
    [​IMG]

Cam arriving for Superbowl 50
    [​IMG][/URL
    ]

Get out of denial and quit grasping for straws ducknwork, your leader is lacking in leadership and doesn’t know the meaning of class or teamwork.

6. dux/24 7

dux/24 7 Elite Refuge Member

What the heck is in that box? Looks like a box fruit comes in. Oh wait, probably full of excuses and his dignity for wearing those pants.

7. ducknwork

ducknwork Elite Refuge Member

It's not humanly possible to defend those pants. :l

8. WIQUACKER

WIQUACKER Elite Refuge Member

It's the Super Bowl. You are never guaranteed another shot at one. For him to back out of a fumble recover with the game in reach and a championship on the line shows just how selfish he is. In that situation you take one for the team, get your butt in the scrum and do what you can to maintain possession of the ball and victory within reach. Cam is about himself first, teammates a distant second.

coachcornbread and dux/24 7 like this.
  9. SOGGYBOTTOMBOY

SOGGYBOTTOMBOY Elite Refuge Member

Please tell me those pants are photoshopped!!

10. Trout Bum

Super Bowl 50 Pre-game preparation:

Peyton Manning took the field in navy sweatpants and a white compression shirt two hours and 15 minutes before the scheduled kickoff for Super Bowl 50 on Sunday at Levi’s Stadium.
    Manning threw mostly straight-line passes from 12-15 yards away with several Broncos’ receivers and equipment staff.
    [​IMG]

Panthers quarterback Cam Newton trotted out of the Carolina tunnel in all black — his shirt emblazoned with a superman symbol — and gold cleats. He made a full circle of the field tracing the out of bounds line around each end zone.
    Newton walked the length of the field between the hash marks and bowed his head, kneeling in silence for more than two minutes at goal post in the Denver end zone. He sat to stretch at the 7-yard line in the middle of Broncos special teams warmups.
    [​IMG]