Waste Force

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by pintail2222, Aug 10, 2018.

1. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator

They've been around a whole lot longer than you. :l:l:l:l:l

ETA: The consolidation point for the information is irrelevant. While as noted the article did contain some trivial stuff, it also referenced specific plans for enterprises to exploit the potential for space travel/recreation and whatever other opportunities could be created. Specifically noted are Boeing, Elon Musk's SpaceX, Jeff Bezo's Blue Origin, and Richard Branson's Virgin Atlantic. As noted, some of the projects have target dates as early as 2022. In that sense, it would behoove the US to get off their butt.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  2. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Never happen, there's to many people in this country still worrying about what may or may not have happened two years ago before the election. How are they going to think about the future when they can't even comprehend what happened in the past???

3. Rubberhead

Rubberhead Elite Refuge Member

4. API

Alas... while we need to understand the impact of history, there appears to be no place for the application of wisdom and a forward thinking perspective. During the previous political time, a thinking person's concern was about how the short run mentality in place would impact the future of our Constitutional liberties. Today, a thinking person's concern is about how to overcome the entrenched short term mentality in order to have a future with Constitutional liberties.

How these liberties extend beyond the surface of earth is not yet defined, but if we don't take steps now, the opportunity will be lost.

Bear likes this.
  5. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

As explained to me by a WW2 Pacific B-24 combat videographer "Your rights only extend to what your capable and willing to defend."

Nathan Bedford Forrest said "To win a battle you have to get there the firstist with the mostest."

We need to get to space with the firstist and the mostest.

Does anybody not think the reason we haven't gone to war with Russia and China is because we have a Navy and Air Force that will obliterate both countries and rain hell down on them in a Biblical epic?

FLY NAVY KID!​

API likes this.
  6. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

While a space force is gee-whiz and all, I’m liking the idea of a go fund me account set up for personal donations to pet projects more and more. I don’t like Trumps expansion of govt spending anymore than I liked Obama’s or W’s. The weaponization of space has been being looked into for years. It’s not new. It’s not a crisis. Why are we making it one? Supporters of these ideas should send additional money to the govt.

Ducker 4 Ever and pintail2222 like this.
  7. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

WWII came and we had to nationalize industries to make enough munitions and equipment. Why you don't see 1943 -44 autos. Reagan was asked the same thing about Star Wars but today it is used today in our defense. I don't know if it is a crisis but waiting for it to be is not proper planning.

8. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

It’s cool you think so. It’s also cool if you’ll pony up the money to pay for it.

Ducker 4 Ever likes this.
  9. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

I am not on board with this but I do think it needs looking at outside of one of the current branches because of the waste they seem to be subject to.

10. API

I'd say that promoting a "Space Force" as a gee whiz thing is a poor strategy designed to attract the video game mentality.

If that's the limited scope, then let the users fund it.

If the scope is to assure a protected environment for US enterprise, then well considered public funding is justified.