Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Waterfowl and Turkey Guiding ATTENTION

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by brycec, Feb 4, 2014.

1. brycec

brycec Senior Refuge Member

Waterfowl and turkey hunters we need your help again!

There is now a bill being proposed that would prevent waterfowl and turkey outfitting and guiding in Idaho. The bill has been issued a routing slip number of RS22632 and we need your help requesting that it gets printed. The bill will have a print hearing tomorrow in the House Resource and Conservation committee.

This bill will add the following text to the Outfitters and Guides Act:
    The board shall not accept, process or approve any applications for outfitted or guided turkey or waterfowl hunting. Unless licensed to do so prior to November 13, 2013, a person may not outfit or guide turkey or waterfowl hunters for compensation. Any rule, order, memorandum, policy, guidance or other document adopted by the board, or portion thereof, which is contrary to this subsection is null and void and shall have no force or effect.

Please send an email to the House members of the Resource and Conservation Committee urging them to print RS22632 and support the subsequent bill.

The process requires a print hearing before we get a full bill number. Your support will help get this print hearing and then move it along. As we get farther in the process we will need all the support you can provide.

Email addresses to send to are:
    ======================

ldenney@house.idaho.gov; mgibbs@house.idaho.gov; jwood@house.idaho.gov; lbarrett@house.idaho.gov; mmoyle@house.idaho.gov; geskridge@house.idaho.gov; draybould@house.idaho.gov; kandrus@house.idaho.gov; pshepherd@house.idaho.gov; fwood@house.idaho.gov; jvanderwoude@house.idaho.gov; tgestrin@house.idaho.gov; smiller@house.idaho.gov; eanderson@house.idaho.gov; dpence@house.idaho.gov; merpelding@house.idaho.gov; irubel@house.idaho.gov; hres@house.idaho.gov;

Here is what I sent, please feel free to use as a reference or just send them a simple statement like, "I support RS22632. Please help to get this printed and support the subsequent bill. Please do not allow waterfowl and turkey outfitting and guiding in Idaho."

PLEASE include your name and address at the top of the email. If you are in the district of one of these house members it will help.

Also please feel free to email your specific legislators with the same information. You can find your legislators here: http://legislature.idaho.gov/who'smylegislator.htm

Sample letter below:
    ==========================

Your Name
    Address
    City, Idaho

Dear House Representatives on the Resource and Conservation Committee:

I am writing to ask that you support RS22632. Please help to get this bill printed and support it. The sportsmen of Idaho have clearly expressed that they do not support outfitting and guiding for waterfowl and turkey. The Idaho Outfitters and Guides Licensing Board has ignored the opinion and allowed it in policy. With this move they have cheated both the sportsmen and the legislators in the negotiated rulemaking process.

Thank you for your time and consideration. A concerned sportsman and voter.

==========================

2. Duck-Slayer

Duck-Slayer Elite Refuge Member

Sent, thanks,
    Matt

3. Pinman

Pinman Elite Refuge Member

4. brycec

brycec Senior Refuge Member

Thanks guys! Keep em coming! We should know if we get a bill number this afternoon.

5. Toothshucker1

Toothshucker1 Senior Refuge Member

6. RedlegsId

RedlegsId Senior Refuge Member

7. IdahoMike

IdahoMike Senior Refuge Member

8. Boeinguy737

Boeinguy737 Senior Refuge Member

9. goosepond

goosepond Senior Refuge Member

FYI folks, we have a bill and its had its first reading :) Nows not the time to let up. Let's get it passed and keep the prohibition on outfitting and guiding going for ever. I for one want to thank everyone who has worked on this and taken time to support the bill. I know a couple folks who have worked endless hours on this and all those who have sent letters, emails, etc to your legislators asking for support on the bill, thanks.

http://www.legislature.idaho.gov/legislation/2014/H0469.htm

10. WATERDOGS

WATERDOGS Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Yes I posted on my face book page and sent it with Data I gathered from IDFG on licesne sale number. I think once they see that not very many folks were informed and that it is going to have a huge affect on sportmen in the state I hope they use their heads.