Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Waterfowl and Turkey Guiding ATTENTION

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by brycec, Feb 4, 2014.

1. goosepond

goosepond Senior Refuge Member

Done!!! And I know in the past the Governor has supported the moritorium against further outfitting and guiding for waterfowl and turkey in Idaho, so maybe we will have to push him to have discussions with the Legislators on that one too.

A week ago, I sent an e-mail to all of the Senators on the committee evaluating and discussing this bill and the only response I got was from Bair. He said his vote was not for sale by the Farm Bureau or anyone and he took exception to my accusation that it was for sale to the Farm Bureau. As I pointed out above this post, he gets more campaign money from the Farm Bureau than anyother donor in Idaho. HMMMMMMMM wonder how that influences one's vote?

Bair felt that this bill benefitted the sportsmen of Idaho, but couldnt or didnt give any good reason as to how it benefitted us but it did protect private property rights to him. He is a farmer/rancher so I understand his thinking on this one. He will never change his mind on this bill.

2. brycec

brycec Senior Refuge Member

I have emailed and called the Governors office on this. I hear we are getting some numbers. Please help keep it up! It takes two minutes to call (208) 334-2100 and tell them you would like Governor Otter to VETO House Bill 597 and that outfitters and guides should still have regulation in Idaho on all lands.

3. goosepond

Otter is in Idaho Falls for a dinner/money event tonight with Simpson, Rische, and Romney.

4. brycec

brycec Senior Refuge Member

Does not matter where he is.. the secretary just takes your opinion anyway. The legislative session has closed, but this bill is not signed yet. Please keep up the phone calls to his office, (208) 334-2100.

5. fkreller

fkreller Senior Refuge Member

Emailed the Gov. Let's hope he is with us on this one.

6. goosepond

Ya I know, just thought if anyone was going to the dinner or to hear him talk, they could hit him up when he was here. Keep up the good work folks and hope he hears us loud and clear. But it is an election year for him too so, who knows what he is thinking.

7. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

Dang. I was down in Idaho Falls during that time period. The hotel I was at had some kind of reception going on for Simpson but I did not realize Otter was there.

8. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

9. Abomb

Abomb Senior Refuge Member

Called and emailed multiple times!!!!

10. goosepond

Keep calling and sending e-mails for Gov to veto the bill, they are still taking your input. Getter done and stop the insanity